FraNesia // 7 Months

HERE IT IS PEOPLE THE DUMPSTER YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR OH HOW I TOLD MYSELF I COULDN'T DO IT BUT HAVE THIS FLAMING PILE OF TRASH (author is just a disappointment like this i'm sorry) Requested by MikiMocca

1808

Nesia stares hard at the blonde frenchman with a rose in his mouth. About a week ago, Netherlands told her (with the utmost pissed expression) that he was forced to give her up to one of England's former colony named France.

She's heard of him before, from England. France... Doesn't sound too nice from the way England talk about him??? Or maybe Nesia is just assuming so because England sounds really constipated while talking about him.

'Ah, yes, him. That motherfucker,' was how England started his story.

In a different situation, recalling the memory would've made her laugh.

Upon the first time France ascended from the boat deck, Java patted her back while whispering 'my condolences' because FRANCE IS LITERALLY DANCING HIS WAY TO INTRODUCING HIMSELF NESIA FEELS LIKE REMINDING HIM THIS ISN'T OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB. Oh, wait, Japan hasn't invented OHSHC yet.

"Bonjour! You must be Indonesia!" He offers her the rose he bit. Reluctantly, Nesia takes the flower and nods.

"No need to be afraid, chéri! I'm only here to colonize you!" France smiles. "...And this fine young man, what's your name?"

Java bows respectfully. "I'm Java."

"Ah, yes." France claps his hands in excitement. "I've heard about you, and this whole Paris van Java thing—why don't you tell me about it?"

Nesia cuts her younger brother off before he could even open his mouth. "Actually, do you mind explaining who that guy is first?" She gestures at another curly haired blonde following him.

Java tilts his head. "Who?"

Nesia pouts. "That guy. The one with the bear?"

"...What bear?"

Kumajiro hums. "Who are you?"

"No, the question is—" Nesia closes her eyes and prays for patience. "Who are you?"

"Oh, you mean Canada? He's my—" France stops himself. "Ah, nevermind*."

Canada waves at Nesia and smiles weakly.

"Anyway!" The frenchman claps Nesia and Java's backs. "Let's head in, shall we? Very hot weather, oui?"

Java blinks. "You said 'we' twice."

France laughs lightheartedly. "Mon ami, you have a lot to learn."

__________________________________

The first months living with France was absolute hell. Nesia can almost swear that man goes around completely naked half the time. The other half the time, he tried to overrule Java by replacing VOC** flags with French flags. Sweet, innocent, painfully polite Java, who's shocked by this whole running-around-in-public-naked culture.

Nesia remembers, one day Java went up to her and—with a deadpan expression—asked : "Is he gay or European?" Nesia couldn't help but laugh. He's obviously both.

The rest months were... Surprisingly fine? He still tried to rule Java island, but he's more adapted to Indonesia's etiquettes and manners. Heck, he was starting to grow on her and her brothers.

Too bad, just seven months after his arrival, he has to go. England and Netherlands were getting impatient, claiming the Indonesian islands are theirs and whatnot.

Nesia and Java escorted him (and Canada) to the port themselves—her other brothers bid their goodbyes at her house.

Nesia put her hand on Java's back as they listen to France babbling about Canada, in which Java keeps glancing at Nesia with confusion written all over his face.

She figured out she can see Canada because she can also see ghosts and supernatural creatures. The thought makes her feels kind of depressed. Is Canada ignored that much? Who would ever ignore someone that cute? Nesia can't believe this sweet summer Canadian is related to that dang American.

"So, anyway-" France helps Canada climb onto their ship***, "we'll definitely meet again!"

Java sighs. "I'll miss ya, Monsieur France."

Nesia laughs lightly. "I, surprisingly, will too." (Upon the rude statement Java kicks her leg).

"Oh, I almost forgot—" France pulls out what seems to be a bottle of wine. "A gift!"

Java takes it gratefully, but Nesia catches a glimpse of Canada shaking his head frantically in the background.

Then he walked over and kisses her. On the cheek, sure, but it still makes her blush. France kissed her like it was so casual, and even Canada doesn't seem to mind.

France and Canada waves at the siblings just as their ship deports slowly. "We'll see you in a world meeting!" Canada shouts.

"If you make it out of that sour tea and tulip-head's colonization!" France adds, soon followed by a sound of Canada smacking him.

Nesia and Java doubles over in laughter.

"Man," Java flicks a tear out of his eye, "he actually left."

"Yeah. Shame, he's starting to grow on me. I'll miss him, and Canada. Especially Canada. That sweetheart..."

"Alright mbak(1), seriously. Who's Canada?"

Nesia can only sweatdrop.

_________________________________

this story, summed up: culture shock (and trash)
fun fact the French actually took over Java in 1808 for a short period
MikiMocca IM SO SORRY MY SCHEDULE HAS BEEN REALLY TIGHT AND I ACTUALLY PLANNED TO MAKE THIS FIC AN AU BUT I HAD NO TIME SCREAMS IM SORRY THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING AND READING THOUGH ILY :"""

(1)mbak: older sister in Javanese

*can we pretend Canada sneaked into France's ship somehow idk i just need Canada here so... France and Canada are kind of like /dating?/ mom... dad... i'm... *whispers* a franada shipper
**Vereenidge Oostindische Compagnie: the Dutch East India Company
***SEE WHAT I DID THERE? CANADA AND FRANCE??? ON A SHIP? HAHAHA no? ok