Chapter 8 - With Family

"Well that was tedious" Sherlock says walking into Baker Street and throwing his jacket onto the sofa. I scoff picking it up, hanging it up on the coat hooks before turning to face him.
"Take it, it didn't go well?" I ask John as he walks in the room and hangs his jacket on his respective hook.
"It went well, just Sherlock being Sherlock" He shrugs before slumping down into his seat, pulling his phone out and immediately texting someone. I turn back to my husband who is standing right behind me, and hug him.
"I've got good news! Well good news to me but most likely bad news to you Sherlock. I've been promoted! I'm officially the highest government official without being royal. You are looking at Lady Mykala Watson-Holmes. Mycroft curtsied! It was hilariously brilliant." I smile up at my husband who just smiles back down at me, plants a kiss on my head and walks off to his bedroom.
"What's wrong with him?" I ask John throwing myself into Sherlock's chair. Since the case which I helped out on, he's been acting off with me for no reason.
"He's just been a bit touchy lately, he misses the children and you since you are hardly around anyway. On the last case he nearly lost you for the third time, he's worried it's going to happen again. So you getting a promotion means less time to spend with you, I guess." John says not once glancing up from his newspaper as he says it.
"He's so complicated, I swear he has more problems than Mycroft does with the government" I breathe out as I grab John's laptop and log into it. I quickly flick through multiple websites before finding the right one.
"What are you doing?" John asks, folding his news paper up and looking at me with a look of curiosity.
"I'm googling how to deal with awkward men." I state sarcastically before closing it down and then putting the laptop on the table. "I'm going out for a bit" I say, grabbing my coat and leaving the flat.
"Women." I hear John mutter as I walk through the door and make my way downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lug the countless bags up the stairs to the flat, moving slowly as they were super heavy and finally putting them down when I reach the door to the flat. I open the door, picking up the bags again and shuffling into the room before once again dropping them, collapsing onto the sofa. I look out into the room to see it empty, I sigh getting up and then walking to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. Slumping back down to the sofa, I grab John's laptop and scroll through the news articles.
"Mykala?!" I hear Sherlock's voice shout down from the flat above, I let out another sigh before heading up to it, taking the stairs two at a time. I open the door to the bedroom to find that Sherlock is laying there with his hands to his chin, surrounded by pictures and newspaper clippings.
I bend over, picking one up before seeing a boring headline and putting it back down on the bed.
"What's wrong Sherlock?" I ask, sitting down carefully as to not crumple the newspaper clippings.
"I can't find a decent case. There are no cases. None. Zero. I'm bored" He whines as I stroke his hair out of his face.
"I'm sure something will crop up soon enough" I softly say as he looks up at me through his eyelashes.
"You're right." I smirk proudly to myself but it soon drops as the phone then rings. "You should get that, might be important" I give Sherlock a quick kiss before pulling my phone out and answering it.
"Watsom-Holmes speaking." I automatically say into it.
"Kala it's me John. I think I've found a case." My brother's voice rings through my ear before I give the phone over to Sherlock to deal with.
Thank God for my brother, I was not prepared to deal with more holes in the wall.

A/N: I'm sorry this is short but it's a filler because I'm now going to progress into Season 4. . . . . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. . . . With a few twists