Chapter 10: Tsunami

The four of them stopped eating after hearing the commotion right from outside. People have been scurrying and screaming ever since the dark clouds covered the whole town. All of them began to wonder what was going on.

"Never in my life has this town been covered by such dark clouds. Unfortunate, unfortunate indeed." The elderly woman sighed.

Emma, Rick, and Joshua looked at each other. The fact that it never did happen to the town sent creepiness down their spine. Their minds began thinking the same thing. This is an unnatural event, something that would never happen to anybody, except them.

They all scrambled out of their seats and looked at the window. They stared at the shore, surprised in disbelief.

A huge towering wall of water has been forming itself on the shore. The people, seeing the danger from it, began to evacuate from the town. Joshua looked at the wall of water, it had completely covered the horizon. There's only one thing that could cause such an occurrence, something very powerful and disastrous. Joshua thought.

The PULL.

.....

"Emma, what do we do?" Rick asked, alarmed.

"The PULL! It has gotten stronger! There's nothing we could do about it right now. The one who's been controlling them might have found a way to release their full potential." Emma told them.

"Controlling them? Someone has been controlling them? Where did you get that?" Rick asked.

"Well, I guess the fact that the PULLs aren't running rampant like it's doing right now. Also, the fact that it's only attacking a handful of teenagers proves that someone's behind all this. Who else but the head of those kidnappers, the mastermind, or I should say, the thief who stole everything from the Quiller corp." Joshua logically explained.

"Of course I know that. But what do we do now? We're not the only ones endangered here. We're talking about the whole town!" Rick exclaimed.

They looked at the wall of water. It's almost at its peak. A small amount of time was left for them to decide what to do. Any moment, the great wall of water would come down, with great force, at the town.

"Emma, can't you really stop it like what you did with the earthquake before?" Joshua asked.

"No. This accident is not like any other. I was able to stop the earthquake because it only covered a small space: our desks. Right now, we're looking at the seashore. There's no way we could tell where the PULL is, assuming that there's only one pull." Emma explained.

They tried to think of a solution. As far as they know, the whole town's about to get washed away. And only the three of them knows what's causing it.

"Guys, I think I know what we have to do." Rick finally said.

"What?"

"We need to get out of here." Rick simply said.

"Have you lost your mind? Rick?" Emma blurted. "We are not leaving this place. Not unless we stop this accident."

That's it! Rick is being reasonable here. Something tells me that what he's saying is the only solution. Joshua thought.

"Rick is right. We should get out of here." Joshua simply said. "Since the PULL came into existence. Its only targets are teens. It's probably causing this to make sure that we get annihilated or something. I think this accident will stop once we get out of this town." Joshua continued.