Does It Feel ?

Months had passed. Manik and Naira had become good friends. They hung out too much with each other and sometimes Diksha joined them too.Diksha and Manik had been studying in the same school since their childhood but never actually talked to each other. Now through Naira, they also became friends.

One day, Manik had not come to college. Naira had been very much worried because Manik would always inform her before hand but that day he hadn't. She kept messaging and calling but he didn't reply.

It was nearly midnight and she could only think about him.She checked phone for the last time and there was still no sign of him. So she tried sleeping.

At 1o'clock her phone rang. Without even seeing who it was, she picked it up and said,"Manik where the hell have you been ? Do you have any idea how worried I was ? You didn't even tell me that you wouldn't come today. Were you ignoring me ?What were you thinking ? That you can just leave me like that and I will not say anything. You really need to..."

"Hey girl, Stop ! Atleast lemme speak. I haven't even said hello" ,Said a familiar voice.

"I don't need your hello ! I just want an explanation and it should be good enough or I'm not gonna spare you."

Manik laughed.Then in a serious tone he said, "Can we talk ?"

"We are already talking. What are you saying ?"

"I mean can we talk face to face. I wanted to meet you. Actually I am standing right outside your house. If you don't mind, can u come outside ?"

Naira checked from the window. He was seriously there. She was shocked. He was acting so weird but she couldn't leave him standing there. So she disconnected the phone and went down quietly.

Finally she reached outside where Manik was standing with his back to the car. Naira said," What do you mean by coming here in the middle of the night?"

He gave an apologetic smile and said," I'm sorry.  I was busy due to some family plans and couldn't receive your calls.I know it's stupid that I came here like this but I hadn't seen you the whole day and was kinda missing you."

Naira smiled," Don't worry. I understand. Family is important."

Then there was a moment of silence. Both of them had no idea what to say. Finally Manik broke the silence but only for a goodbye. " I think I should go now",he had said.

Naira nodded and he left. In an instant,she stood there alone. It was so strange. All of this was. Today she knew,all this was something more. Something that neither her, nor Manik understood. They both felt something but didn't know what it was. This something scared Naira. This something was exactly like the mistake she had made earlier. Something that she never understood how to stop. 

She went back to her room. Laying on her bed, she started scrolling through Manik and her chats. She laughed at his stupid jokes and cheesy lines. Time passed and without knowing, she drifted off to sleep with the phone in her hand and a picture of Manik displaying on it.