Fear Of Losing You

As if that meeting in the park wasn't enough, Manik kept calling Naira all through the night. Every five minutes, her phone would ring and it would be no one other than Manik. This continued for 5-6 hours.

Everytime her phone rang, there was a part of her that died to talk to him, to ask how he was and just make things normal. But then there was the other dominating part that was made up of past memories as a reminder.

She didn't want to but she had to push him away. So, she took some steps that hurt her very much and knew that would break Manik for some time. Atleast that would make him stop disturbing her.

Firstly she blocked him on social media accounts and on calls so that she wouldn't have to talk to him. Then she decided that in her next chemistry period, she would change her lab partner. For a minute she even thought of leaving the college and go to another one but then what was she supposed to say to her parents about that, so she dropped that idea.

Although for Diksha. She still hadn't picked up any of Naira's calls. Naira was so angry at her. Finally in the evening, Naira received a call from Diksha. 

Instead of a hello, Naira greeted Diksha with,"What did you do ? I thought that you were with me. Even after knowing everything, how could you support Manik ? You know it's so difficult for me to avoid him already and now plus if you'll also join him, then what am i supposed to do ? Diksha I can't fight both of you at the same time. I am not so strong. I am broken myself and I need someone to be there with me. I thought that you will be that person but you broke my trust ! After all these years of our friendship, how can you choose Manik over me ?"

Diksha couldn't listen more, so she spoke," Naira you need to stop. You know I will never do anything to hurt you. You are my best friend. All the things I do are for your benefit. You know that Manik cares for you. You need him, you need...."

There was a moment of silence. Diksha had stopped in between. Suddenly she spoke again but this time her tone was much more serious. 

She said," Did you block Nik ?"

Naira said," Yeah I did. But how do you know about that ?"

Diksha replied," Naira. He's going crazy. He just texted me that you won't pick up any of his calls or reply to his messages. But that's not what is shocking to me. He sent another text saying that he can't live like this, with you completely ignoring him. And he knows that you won't talk to him at any cost. So he decided to do something. He is going to kill himself. Suicide. In two hours."

Phone slipped and fell from her hand. Naira went numb. She couldn't believe what she heard. Manik. He had decided to kill himself. No ! That couldn't happen. She wouldn't let that happen.

She couldn't think of anything. How was she going to stop him ? There was only one way. To go there and stop him but for that she had to face him. Again. She was scared but knew one thing for sure. She won't let her fear kill Manik. She won't let him die because of her.

So without thinking much, she rushed out the front door and drove as fast as she could to Manik's place.