As The Past Unfolds

Tenth Grade ? Manik didn't know how to react ? Naira had been with Abhishek for so many years and hadn't even mentioned him ? It was just so weird.

On the other hand, Naira didn't want to but still did continue. " I had just joined that school and we also became friends, the same way you and me did. He was my lab partner. We would keep talking and laughing endlessly in those limited periods and we never even got to know when those innocent smiles turned to something more than friendship. It had been months and there wasn't even a single day when he didn't annoy me with his cheesy lines and bad jokes. Then on 4th september, he said the cheesiest line ever. He said he loved me. I couldn't help but just smile and hug him. That day marked the beginning of us. Me and Abhishek. I had always felt different for him and that day i finally found the answer to all of those mystery equations. We became one of the most famous and cutest couple of our school. Everybody called us Abhaira and everyday I could see it in his eyes how much he loved me."

Naira paused for a moment to look at Manik. All this time while speaking, she had been facing down as she didn't know if she could look at Manik after all that she had done. Manik was standing with his back turned to her. He was trying hard to hide all of his tears and pretend to be happy but Naira could hear him sobbing like a small child who scared to come out a corner. She couldn't see him breaking down like that.

So she went near him and put a hand on his shoulder. In a moment, Manik turned and removed her hand from there. With a rudeness in his voice, he said. "Why did you stop ? Continue your cute little story, will you ?"

Naira pulled herself back and stared at him for a moment. Then with a guilt filling her, she spoke," I loved him too. Every day my love for him would keep growing. We had made a promise of forever on the same day that we had confessed. Nobody knew about that promise. It was a promise that we made to be with each other forever through the years, that we will never leave each other and even if destiny would tear apart us,then also our love will be immortalized in our hearts."

Manik couldn't. He had just tried his best to act like he didn't care, act like Naira's love story didn't affect him. Listening to her , he realized that all the things she had been saying were the things that he desired. To be with Naira who would accept his love. To roam hand in hand with her and make the promises of forever. 

He could see that while telling all this, Naira too was getting hurt somewhere deep inside. So to lighten up the mood, he said," Well Abhishek was hell of a lucky guy."

Naira smiled and said," Yeah he was."
But then a sadness swept over her face and she again continued," And maybe he wasn't. The story doesn't end there. My love story has many moments and another one that I remember deeply is 30th December. It was the day I can never forget."