Past's A Proof

*At Naira's Place*

Next day Naira didn't go to college. She didn't know if she could face Manik after what had happened the day before. So she just messaged him about it. But she knew that she needed someone to talk to. It couldn't be Manik that she could talk to so she called Diksha.

As soon as Diksha picked up the phone, she could feel that something was wrong with Naira. Her voice sounded heavy like she had cried all night. So Diksha rushed to her place.

Naira was very relieved to see Diksha. As they reached in her room,she hugged Diksha for minutes and then just sat quietly not knowing what to say. 

Finally Diksha spoke," Is everything all right ? You sound like you have been crying for hours. What happened ?"

Gathering courage,she spoke," It's happening again. I think. I think I feel something for Manik and I think he does too."

Diksha smiled. She was so happy about it. Her two friends liked each other ! What could be better than this ? But then she saw Naira. It looked like she was just holding those tears inside, ready to burst out anytime soon. " So what is wrong about it ? Why are you so sad ? It's a good thing, right? "

"No, it's not ! Dikshu I can't let that happen", yelled Naira.

"But why ?", Diksha asked calmly.

"Don't pretend like you don't know it ! I can't let this go on. I can't allow Manik to come near me. I can't allow him to feel for me. I can't. He will get hurt. I am dangerous. He'll get hurt because of me", she said sobbing.

"Nairu nothing will happen to Manik", Diksha tried to comfort her. 

"No. I don't want to be the one who ruins him. I can't harm him like I.....Like I did to him. I can't. I can't", she said crying heavily.

Diksha hugged her. She had no words to say. She had always thought that by now Naira would have forgotten about him and all that had happened in the past but today she got to know that Naira hadn't. She still suffered everyday from those haunting memories. But Diksha couldn't leave her like that. She had to make Naira understand.

She held Naira's face in her hands,looked into her eyes and said," Nairu listen to me. Stop crying. Please. Listen. What happened to Abhi wasn't your fault. Your love didn't ruin him, it had made him more strong."

She got away from Diksha and said,"No. My love is the reason for everything that happened."

"You know what ? It's not the right time to debate about this. I think you should sleep. Just try to get some sleep and we will talk about it when you wake up."

"Hmm okay", said Naira. 

As she tried to sleep with Diksha humming at her side, she knew it was all her mistake. Everybody was wrong. She was the reason. Nobody could change the fact. It was the promise of forever that had hurt him. 

                      *At college*

Manik knew that something was wrong with Naira.Generally she would message him something like "Hey Weirdo ! I'm not coming today. Although don't forget to miss me. *A heart emoji with some laughing ones* " but today it was all different. She just wrote him a simple text that was," Not coming today."

Manik didn't know what was wrong. He wanted to talk to her but after the night before, he had been feeling very different. Even the thought of Naira made him feel magical. This all was very new for him. He had no idea how he was supposed to act in front of her now.