The New Beginning

She woke up like any other day with her mom screaming her name and telling her to get up. But on the other hand,laziness was overcoming her and she just wanted to sleep more. Who doesn't? Afterall it was the break going on. No studying, only partying. 

She was falling back on the bed again when she heard her mom scream again, " Naira get up ! You are going to get late on the first day and that's not good." 

Oh shit ! The realization stuck her hard and she came back from the dreamland back into the reality only to remember that it was the first day of college. 

She had always been excited to imagine her college life and I mean who wouldn't? Isn't it the best part where you get to do whatever you want. Ok maybe not whatever but somethings. There's the new freedom you get and the proud feeling to realize that you are finally an adult and can make your decisions without any interference.

She had heard so many stories about the awesome and chilling college life from her elder cousins. They had told her how much fun it was to bunk classes just to hangout with friends and watch a movie. The day she had heard out that from her brother, she had decided that her first independent step would be to skip a day of college and just chill out.

But that was not gonna happen anytime soon cause she knew that the first requirement of fun is friends and she had none till yet in that new college she was gonna go. 

She smiled thinking about all the adventures that the freshman year would bring along but then suddenly her mom appeared at the door or her room, staring down with strictness. She knew it was really the time to get up.

With butterflies inside her stomach and doing her happy little dance, she reached out to the cupboard to pick out some clothes. 

The decision was really hard. She had to wear something nice because as everyone says, "First impression is the last impression." 

She wanted people to notice her or well that's something any freshman would want. She remembered all the freshman experiences she had seen in movies and compared  how she never really engaged in exciting stuff except for some experiences where she broke rules only to end up in bad situations. This made her excitement rise to a whole new level because college was the time she had decided to go all carefree but only had one rule : Stay away from boys. Like really away.

She pulled out a hundreds of tops and ended selecting the white crop top along with a pair of black jeans. Taking a bath and getting ready didn't take much time. But then also she just wanted to reach the college and so rushed out with a sandwich in hand which her mom had forced upon her. 

She took a cab and was all nervous-excited. A million possibilities passed through her head thinking about her first day could be ranging from being a miracle to a disaster. 

She plugged her earphones in and played some music to help her relax when the cab suddenly came to a halt. She saw the name of the College flashing out in big from the cab window and taking a deep breath stepped out. 

Staring at the entrance, she whispered to herself," And here comes my new beginning."