ELI

A TEENAGER STARED straight into Eli's eyes. Eli wondered who the boy was and where he came from. He took a deep breath. Eli felt his lungs tighten. He blinked his eyes again. He watched the boy turn his head.

Eli felt the restraint on his hands loosen. He moved his hands away from the side of the pod. He felt like the boy was studying him. Eli smelt the boy's breath on his. He was standing strangely close. He wondered if the boy knew who he was.

The boy muttered, "Your shockwave."

Eli shrugged his shoulders, "Eli."

He knew it was strange. He felt connected to the boy like he was supposed to be woken by him. Eli lifted his hands up to his eyes. He felt like he was asleep for a couple of days. His muscles in his body felt tensed. He wondered if he should even be moving.

Eli placed his hands on the side of the pod. He felt a slight comfort feeling in the back of his neck. He remembered that feeling from before. It was the plug for the simulation in his neck.

He slid his hand towards the back of his neck. He placed his hand up to the back of his neck. He felt nothing, like the needle never even pinched his skin.

Eli stretched his neck. He remembered the boy saying the word, shockwave. Eli never thought that he would have heard that nickname again. He got it from the press when they first saw his powers. He wondered who the boy knew of it.

A female's voice came from behind the boy, "So he's not dead, just..."

Eli squinted his eyes as he adjusted to the brightness of the room. He saw the girl standing behind the boy. She held herself like she was confident. Eli noticed the angry look on her face. She was differently pissed off about something.

The girl searched for the word, "asleep?"

Eli lifted his foot up from the bottom of the pod. He had to get used to moving again. He felt like his body was stuck in the pod for years. He wondered how long he was in hibernation for. He thought back to the last year he last saw in the simulation. Twenty-one eighty-three.

He could not believe it. He was in the pod for almost one hundred and sixty years. He felt a smile growing on his face. He wondered if the simulation had been playing with his mind.

Eli thought for a moment, 'I guess that my clothes are a bit old fashion by now.'

He was amused by himself. He glanced around to see the confused looks on the boy and the girls face. He wondered why they were staring at him.

"So," The girl sighed, "you are shockwave?"

The boy glared over his shoulder at the girl. Eli felt the tension growing between them. He took a step out of the pod. He made sure to not hit his head on the top of the pod. He took a deep breath in as his foot touched the floor. He stood in front of the boy with a smile on his face.

"Not really," he shook his head, "you can call me Eli."

Eli had a feeling that his friends made an impression. He saw a stunned look on the boy's face like he saw him from somewhere. Eli lifted his hand up in front of him for the boy to give him a fist bump.

The boy glanced down at Eli's hand. He smiled back up at Eli. He waved his hand slightly.

Eli wondered if they had a different kind of way to greet people. He placed his hands into the pockets of his jeans. He looked past the boy at the pod that was in front of his.

He was expecting to see the girl, still asleep in her pod. He narrowed his eyes when he saw the pod empty. Eli wanted to know her name. The girl in the pod slept across from him for almost two hundred years. He wondered if she knew who he was. Eli wondered if she was released first.