Chapter 4

Baby Put Your Arms Around Me

Tell Me I'm The Problem

Know I'm Not The Girl You Thought

You Knew And That You Wanted..

Underneath The Pretty Face Is

Something Complicated

I Come With A Side Of Trouble

But I Know That's Why Staying

No Angel ~Beyonce ..

~

I told Coach Morgan I wouldn't be in practice today simply cause I wasn't feeling like it . he understood because usually I never miss a day , I locked up my locker and walked to Chris's car .

"You didn't forget .." I said to him opening the car door .

"Of course I wouldn't " He smiled showing his perfect white teeth and dimples .

"Mhmm" I climbed in . and sat my bag on my lap . I noticed lighters and wraps in his cup holder , I rolled my eyes at him .

"Wassup with you" He said looking back and forward with me and the road .

"Nothing. I'm good" I hated the fact of people smoking , earlier today he looked a hot mess . It was such a turnoff . The way his eyes were so low he could barely see !

"Nah I don't believe you .. I can see the attitude in yo face , the way you pout yo lipss .." He stopped at a red light and leaned back "Am I right ?" He placed his finger under my chin making me look at him . "Say whatchu needa say"

I bit my bottom lip in . "Why you smoke ?"

He shrugged "Because It makes me less stressed ."

I looked at him and said "Oh" .

"Oh what " He said , I nodded my head nothing and turned on the radio .

"Hey now this aint ya nigga car to be changin' the station and shit"

I sucked my teeth .

"You dont like my music ?" He puttin in his phone to connect his music .

"Depends what you listen to ? " He chuckled and played a song

"Rap music but those throwback jams too " I recognized the song and instantly started singing along to Cupid by 112

"This my songg what you kno about dis 112 ?!" I squealed

He laughed "What you mean yungin' " I smiled and ignored him and sang along some more .

"I rather die before i lie to youu" I said turning up the volume . I was in my zonee , I saw Chris glancing over at me . "What ?"

"I like a girl that likes the same music as me .."

I chuckled looking away . "Whats so funny" he said .

"Tryna sauce ?"

"Hell yeah is it working ?" He said resting his arm around my seat driving with one hand .

I laughed shaking my head . "Your funny"

He turned right completely opposite of the way to my house "Where we going?"

"I ain't go to practice and you neither , might as well get sumthin' to eat . " Hesaid .

"I didn't bring any money and my mom'so gonna be worried .. " I fiddled with my hands , looking down .