1 .

Karin Jinsui

I took the back of my hand and wiped the beads of sweat off of my forehead. I then took my earbuds out of my ears. I got up around 5 in the morning for my morning work out and its been almost two hours since then.

I'm literally the only person in this workout room.

I got off of the treadmill and sat down on the nearest bench, beginning to drink my Gatorade.

I then heard the door open then close. I looked up and saw that it was the guy August, I met on the elevator two weeks ago. We haven't seen each other since then.

Although he was rude as hell, he was fine as fuck. And just by looking at him you can tell that he would break your damn back.

I stood up, throwing my towel over my shoulder and grabbing my phone. I was almost certain that he didn't wanna be in the same room as me.

"Goodmorning." I said, trying to be polite.

"Mornin'." He mumbled before putting and earbud in.

"What's up with you?" I asked, fed up with his coldness.

He glanced at me. "Whatchu mean?"

"What you mean what do I mean? You been giving me this cold shoulder ever since we met on that elevator two weeks ago. I didn't do anything to you and you don't know me so why are you so stand-offish towards me?"

He looked me up and down, licking his lips. "You right, ma. I don't know you. So why don't you tell me a lil about ya self."

"Why don't I not?" I said smartly, crossing my arms.

"You wanna know the truth as to why I keep my distance away from you?" He asked as I looked at him waiting for an answer.

"When you asked me for a tour around this place i thought you were just tryna get dicked down. But obviously thats not the case, so my apologies for judging ya book by it's cover. You fa'give me?" He questioned in his thick New Orleans accent.

I looked at him a little longer before speaking. "So basically you thought I was a hoe?"

He chuckled. "Did you not listen to anything I just said?"

I shrugged. "I have selective hearing, I hear what I wanna hear." I joked.

He smirked. "Well how 'bout you hear this."

I looked down at my apple watch then up at him as he stepped closer to me. "Let me take you out." He said as he now stood directly in front of me. His cologne was intoxicating.

"Are you asking me on a date?" I asked, trying to fight the smile that threatened to form.

"Nah, ma. I'm telling you. Be ready tomorrow night around 8:30. I'll come by your place to scoop you up."

A small smirked formed on my lips. You can tell that he's a man that gets straight to the point and handles his own. I find that very attractive.

He licked his lips before going to the treadmill. I watched him walk away then made my way over to the door.

I looked back at him one last time, then left out of the workout room.

Maybe this date will change his point of view about me. And maybe it can be just the beginning to something new .

____________

How do you guys think the date will turn out?

Vote, comment, share.