21 .

Please excuse any errors or mistakes. Happy Reading!💛

Karin Jinsui

I laid on my stomach in bed scrolling down my instagram timeline. August has literally been gone since this morning and it was now going on six in the evening.

Why should how long he's been out matter to me? He's probably out kissing another broad.

I'm petty, believe me, I know.

"Aye."

I turned around to see August standing in the doorway with a bag in his hand.

"What's that?" I questioned sitting up.

"Some snacks and shit I got you from the sto'." He said.

"Thanks but you didn't have to get me anything."

"Oh, I know. I chose to." He replied smartly.

"Well, thank you." I mumbled. He placed the bag on the nightstand beside the bed.

He nodded his head and took a seat at the foot of the bed. I looked at him, not saying anything.

I crossed my legs Indian style. "We heading back tomorrow." He said.

"Okay."

"You still down with me taking you out tonight?" He asked. I stayed quiet.

"Look, man, if you don't wanna go out it's fine. I'm not finna beg yo ass to do anything." He said standing up.

"Are you seriously about to get mad because I ignored your question? Why would I wanna go out with you? Have you not been noticing the tension between us?"

"Yeah, I've noticed it." He said folding his arms across his chest.

"Better yet, have you not noticed the way you've been treating me? As if I'm the one who went behind your back and kissed another nigga? And you expect me to go out with you like everything is just all good and dandy?" I scoffed. "I'll pass."

"You over here acting petty for no reason. A real female gone sit there and talk shit out. Not run away from their problems like you do."

"So, I guess I'm not real enough for you, huh?" I said. "But Savannah is, though, right?"

"What she gotta do with anything, Karin?" He asked, sitting back down.

"She has a lot to do with this shit, August. Wanna know what a real female not gonna do? Fuck with a nigga who they know have a girl. It's called fucking respect." I said getting mad.

"Are you my girl?" He questioned. "Because I can't tell by the way you tripping."

I looked at him not saying anything. He looked at me waiting for a response.

"I'm not tripping." I said in a calmer tone.

"I'm hurt, because you would think that you'd at least have the decency to tell me what really happened when you said you had to go handle some shit but nooo, when it blows up in your face, you wanna make it seem like I'm just so in the wrong." I said raising my voice again.

"I'm not even mad at the bitch because I'm not in a relationship with her. I'm in a relationship with YOU. YOU chose to kiss back. YOU chose to keep it on the low. Not her, you."

"This exactly why I don't date bitches." He said getting ready to walk out until my voice stopped him.

"What did you just say?" I asked.