11 .

Karin Jinsui

March 6, 2017.
Day Three.

"Please wake up. You have to." I pleaded, looking over August. It was now day three and I haven't left his side yet. I was scared to, more than anything. That letter someone left yesterday, really had me on edge.

I've never pleaded so much with any guy in my life so that tells you, he must really mean something to me.

I sat down and softly laughed to myself. "I remember when we we first met..You were so rude to me, yet you didn't even know me. Then we went on our first date and ever since then, we've been glued to each other." I said, reminiscing mainly to myself.

"I'm glad I met you, Aug. I really am. Before I met you, I wouldn't even give any other nigga the time of day, no matter how cute he was."

I looked over at him, grabbing his hands. "You're different." I said, kissing his knuckles.

"I love how ambitious you are and how you're not afraid to speak your mind. I love how I can really just be myself around you. I love the feeling I get inside when I'm around you."

I cleared my throat before wiping a falling tear. I hate crying but it's something about this man. Only he knows how to make me feel this way.

I didn't even cry when my second mom, Evelyn, died four days ago. And I was really hurt. I still am. I feel like I'm losing my bestfriend. I need him to be okay.

"I love you." I whispered as another tear fell down my cheek.

August Alsina

"Aug, man, you gotta wake up. It's not your time to leave, just yet." Mel said to me.

"No, I wanna stay with you." I said looking at him. "Life's been hard without you here man, you don't understand."

"You gotta realize, you have a lot to lose if you choose to stay with me. Ima always be your side, lil bro. Always. You have three beautiful nieces to look after, Aug. You got mama to look after, too."

I sighed at the mention of my mama. "How she doing anyway? I haven't heard from her in a minute. I know you watch over her."

He nodded. "Of course. I watch over all of y'all. She's good, though. She can't make it so see you but just know she's praying for you." He said.

I nodded my head slowly.

"I see you got a lil girlfriend," He said, with a smirk. He was good at switching subjects.

I chuckled. "I see ya, lil bro. Got these females catching feelings and whatnot." He said, dapping me up.

"She's beautiful, Aug. Don't let her go. I can tell she cares about you just as much as she says she do. She been by your side for three days straight."

"You gotta let that life go, man. That's what got you in this position now. If your ugly butt wasn't so dang on hard headed, you wouldn't even be in this situation." He said causing me to kiss my teeth.

"I'm doing this for you." I said, honestly.

"And look where it got you." He said showing me the state I was in. I was hooked to all types of machine.

"I appreciate you, August but I'm good. Foreal." He said looking at me with a small smile for reassurance.

"I gotta get going, Aug. Always remember that I'm here for you in here." He said pointing at my heart.

"Be careful, lil bro. I love you." He said before hugging me and getting ready to walk away.

"Oh and Aug," He started.

"Watch your back..Some people ain't who they say they are." He said causing my brows to furrow in confusion.

"Wh-" I started but he disappeared into white fog.

"Mel, wait!" I said but he was already gone. What was he talking about?

~~~

"I love you." I heard Karin whisper.

Those three words sunk in deep and my eyes fluttered open. I tried adjusting them to the light but it was hard to.

I cleared my throat, a little and Karin shot her head up. My eyes were low but I could see her perfectly.

She got up, and pressed a red button before running out of the room.

Karin Jinsui

"He's awake!" I yelled as the doctors made their way over to me.

He flashed me a smile before we walked inside of the room. I looked over at Aug to see his eyes fully open.

I smiled, as a few more tears fell down my face. "Aug!" I exclaimed, running over to him, hugging him tightly.

He chuckled lowly. "Damn, Karin, loosen up."

I pulled away. "Sorry," I said pulling away.

"You scared me. Don't ever do that again." I said popping his shoulder.

He chuckled and nodded his head slowly. I had the biggest smile on my face.

"I'm glad to see that you're awake." The doctor said before getting ready to tell what had happened. I exited the room to call Chris, and Lira.

~~~

"You look beautiful." Aug said to me as I sat next to his hospital bed.

I blushed. "Thankyou.."

He nodded and licked his lips then silence took over.

"So you luhh me?" He asked out of nowhere, smirking.

I looked at him, confused.  "Whatchu mean?"

He kissed his teeth. "You know what I mean, girl. I heard you say you luhh me. As a matter of fact, I heard everything."

I smiled. "Is that what woke you?"

He shrugged a shoulder. "Maybe."

"Well..Yes, August. I do love you." I said.

He bit his bottom lip. "I love you too. Come give daddy a kiss." He said puckering his lips. I giggled and got up, leaning into him and kissed his lips repeatedly.

Thank you, Jesus that he's awake and okay.

______________

August is awake now!

What do you think Melvin meant by "people ain't who they say they are"?

R.i.p. Mel <3