23 .

Please excuse any errors that you might find.
Happy reading. ❤️

Karin Jinsui

The ride on the way home was completely awkward and was filled with tension. Only thing heard was the music from Aug's bluetooth playing lowly. I stared out the window completely in my thoughts.

If August cared about me like he said he did, how could being honest with me be so hard? Yeah, the truth hurts but I mean, wouldn't anybody want a person to hurt them with the truth instead of hiding something from them, hurting them with lies? I don't know..Maybe that's just how I see things.

But I wasn't going to stick around only to be put second. August basically chose Savannah over me without even saying it.

My phone started ringing, breaking me out of my thoughts. Lira's picture flashed across the screen. I answered it putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hey, boo. How's New Orleans?" She questioned. I had been so caught up with this drama that I hadn't even got the chance to lace Lira up about everything that went down.

"It actually went better than I expected, minus a few things." I mumbled. "They were all really sweet and welcoming."

"Well that's good to hear girl. Y'all head back tomorrow right?"

I cleared my throat. "'No, we actually had to cut the trip short so we're on our way back now."

"What brought that up?"

"A lot.." I said hoping she would get the hint.

"Awe, well okay, just call me when you make it home so you can tell me everything. Tell August I said hi and be careful."

"I will. See you soon,"

"Alright, love you." She said. I slightly smiled. "I love you too, Li." I said before hanging up.

I locked my phone then cleared my throat. "Lira told me to tell you she said hi."

He nodded his head. "Wassup," he mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

"So, I'm guessing we're really done now." I said. He looked over at me shrugging. "If that's what you want."

"By the looks of it, you don't care so why even continue this? Whatever this is. You practically chose another female over me. I don't need a man on them type of vibes."

"Then don't be with me."

I was taken back by his choice of words. I tried to fight back the tears that threatened to form but failed. One tear fell, then another. I took my hand quickly wiping my eyes and sighed.

He looked over at me, sighing. "Why you cryin' ma?"

"I'm not..I was yawning." I lied. I didn't want him to feel as if he had won.

"Man, stop lying." He said as I stayed silent. "Look, I'm sorry you feel like I chose ole girl over you but that ain't even the case. I just know Savannah and I know she's not even capable of doing no shit like that."

I sighed loudly. "And you're still finna sit up here in my face fucking defending the bitch?! August, get over yourself!"

"Don't call her no bitch."

I shook my head completely over with this conversation.

"Oops, my bad. You really wanna choose another BITCH over me?!" I exclaimed completely doing the opposite of what he had said.