6 .

August Alsina

"We can't tell her." I said to Lira as she sat down on my bed playing with her fingers. 

"What do you mean we can't tell her? She's my best friend. I'm not keeping anything away from her."

"Look, you wanna keep your friendship with her just as bad as I wanna fuck wit her. So do us both a favor by not saying nothing." I said.

She looked at me."And what about us? We can't keep what happened a secret forever."

"That was damnear five years ago." I said.

"I'm sorry Aug, but I can't keep this away from her. When I walked out of her bathroom and seen you, my heart stopped. I thought I'd never see your face again."

I sighed. "It was a one night stand. Yeah we hooked up a few other times but no feelings were involved." I admitted.

"That's easy for you to say.. Look, I'm gonna just leave." She said standing up. I sighed and walked her to the door.

When i opened the door, we walked out and froze in place. Karin was making her way over to my place.

"Lira? Whatchu doing, boo?...Leaving out of August' place?" She asked.

I cleared my throat.

"Oh, I um.." Lira started then stopped.

"Y'all fucking?" Karin questioned, getting straight to the point. I shook my head.

"Nah, ma-" I started but was soon cut off.

"What the hell is going on? It just doesn't make sense that she's walking out of your apartment."

I looked over at Lira who looked guilty as hell. "Karin, there's something I gotta tell you." I said.

She folded her arms. "I'm listening."

"Can you come inside?" I asked.

"Why can't you just tell me out here?" She said with an attitude.

"Look, lose the fucking attitude and bring your lil ass inside." I said walking back inside of my place with Lira and Karin following behind me.

We went inside my living room and sat down not saying anything until Karin spoke up.

"Why you so quiet, Lira? Usually, your ass always have something to say." Karin said.

Lira sighed. "I'm just not feeling it." She said.

"Look, bruh." I started.

"Five years ago, me and Lira hooked up after this party and had a one night stand. We honestly didn't know anything about each other, we both was just horny as fuck. I thought she was attractive, vice versa. We then called eachother up and hooked up a few times after that. And the other day when you"introduced" us to each other, was the first time we seen eachother in a long ass time." I said.

Karin looked at me then at Lira. "Five years ago me and Lira weren't even best friends, so why were y'all tryna hide this from me?"

"We wasn't. We was just tryna figure out how to tell you without pissing you off." I said.

"Yeah, you tend to blow things out of proportion." Lira said.

"Okay well I'm not pissed off." She started. "I'm just not gonna mess with you in that type of way." She said looking at me.

I frowned. "And why not?"

"Because.. Lira is my girl, and she basically your ex and real friends don't do that to each other. She's like family."

"She not my ex. She was just a quick fuck. Nothing serious ." I said with a shoulder shrug.

Lira looked up at me with hurt in her eyes. I sighed. "Look, no feelings were involved so what's the problem? Its obvious I'm feeling you, and you feeling me. So wassup?"

"That's not the point, Aug." Karin said.

"No, Karin. Aug is right. You should give him a chance. That was five years ago. I don't even see him in that way anymore." Lira said.

"It's the fact that you did see him in that way, is what I'm trying to get at." Karin said.

"Look, I appreciate y'all for being real with me and August, I'll think about us but as for right now I just need time to think." Karin said before walking out.

I looked over at Lira. She shook her head at me before standing up and walking out, too.

I rubbed my hand across my face, sighing.

___________

Crappy chapter.

What do you guys think is gonna happen next?

Excuse any errors!!