4 .

Karin Jinsui

"You cheated." I said as we walked back inside of my apartment. August chuckled.

"Nah, I just whooped that ass." He said.

"Shut the hell up before I whoop yours." I said causing him to laugh. We went inside of my bedroom and I plopped down on my bed.

"Hey, I-" I started but was soon cut off by his phone ringing. He looked over at me.

"Sorry, hold on a sec." He said looking at his phone and answering it. He stepped inside of the restroom, closing the door and I laid on my back.

"Hello?" I heard him say. I closed my eyes, trying not to be nosy.

"Nah, I'm at my friends house, why?" He asked.

He kissed his teeth. "Nigga, a friend. What the hell you want?"

He then sighed. "Her name is Karin."

"What does that have to do with me, tho?.....What you mean he ain't give you the money? Where you at now?"

"Nah, man I want my money tonight. Ima be over there in a few...Alright, one." He said before opening the door and looking my way.

"Aye, Karin, I gotta go make a run."

I looked at him. "Can I come?"

He sighed. "Nah, ma. This is business."

"I know all about business..Just come on." He looked at me as if he was contemplating and shook his head, sighing.

"Come your ugly butt on." He said causing me to laugh. I got up, playfully pushing him.

"That's for calling me ugly." I said.
I threw on my hoodie and nike slides and we left out of the apartment going to the elevator then to his car.

"When we get there, don't touch nothing. Ima bring you in my office and I want you to stay inside of there. Don't leave out, don't do nothing." He rambled as we got inside of his car buckling our seats.

"Don't entertain none of the niggas that's gone be there  either. Just cause you gawgeous they gon' try to holla. Don't pay them no attention."

"Enough with the dont's. What the hell can I do?" I asked.

"Sit there and look ugly." He said. I fake laughed and stale faced him.

"I thought I was gawgeous." I said mocking him.

He chuckled. "You already know you are." He said as we left out of the parking lot and he got on the freeway.

"Now, I ain't never bring no chick over here besides escorts, so don't make me regret this." He said, keeping his eyes on the road.

I sighed. "Shut up, already. I'm a good girl."

"But a bad one in bed." He mumbled causing me to slap his arm. He laughed and spoke up.

"Aye, stop for you make my ass steer off the road."

I sat back, folding my arms , wondering where we were going. After a few more minutes of driving, the car came to a stop.

I looked around and got out of the car following Aug. He unlocked the door and the smell of weed hit my nose. Four niggas sat at a couch with different broads halfway naked sitting on their laps, all except one . I already knew exactly where we were.

A trap house.

August went over to the guys and dapped them up and they all looked at me.

"This the chick you was telling me about, Aug? She bad as fuck." The light skin guy who didn't have a chick on his lap, said.

"Shut yo ass up, Chris." Aug said and took my hand in his and went down this long hallway and opened the last door.

We entered inside of it and surprisingly no one was in here. August closed the door and sat down at the desk and looked over at me.

"Come sit on daddy lap, Ion bite." He said.

I chuckled and crossed my eyes. "Aug, on a serious related note, why didn't you tell me you worked at a trap house?"

It took a moment for him to respond but he eventually spoke up. "Because I thought you wouldn't wanna be involved with a nigga like me."

I sighed walking up to his desk. "Look, in my past, I used to be with a nigga who was a drug lord..Am I proud of it? No. But it kept me financially stable so I couldn't complain."

He nodded, scratching his goatee.

"I have a question." I started as he waited for me to continue.

"Do you plan on doing this for the rest of your life?" I asked.

"Because this isn't a good way to live life, Aug. I'm not saying you should just give up on this but what I'm saying is that this can get you in so much trouble..I should know."

"Look, all I'm tryna do is get money and make sure my nieces and my mama don't have anything to worry about."

"And I get that, I do, but honestly, you can make money another way instead of selling drugs, August..Does your mom know?"

He sighed. "Nah, she think I left this life a long time ago."

"But you didn't.." I said. "Listen, all I'm saying is that you have so much to live for and if the cops find out, you could lose it all."

He looked at his desk as if he was thinking. "They ain't gone find out, tho."

"You don't know that. Not everybody is your friend. What if one of your boys are out to get you and you don't even know it? Then what?"

"Man, shut all that shit up. Ain't nun like that about to happen." He said fanning me off.

I frowned. "You know what, okay.. You can't help people who don't wanna be helped." I took a seat by the door waiting to leave.

I took my phone out of my hoodie's pocket and went to instagram. I started scrolling through my timeline.

"Karin." August said as I ignored him.

"Karin, stop playing, man."

"Karin." He said as I looked up, annoyed.

"What?"

"Come'ere." He said.

I shook my head and looked back down at my phone. He sighed and stood up, leaving out of his office semi slamming the door.I rolled my eyes and continued scrolling.

I wasn't trying to be a bitch but you can't always put your trust into someone and not think of all the consequences that could possibly happen in the future.

_____________

Don't forget to give feedback!
Vote, comment, and share.

Was Karin right about what she said?