20 .

August Alsina

I yawned and got in bed pulling the covers on top of me. I turned to the doorway to see Karin walking in with her unicorn footie pajamas and no makeup on. It still amazes me how she looks so beautiful without even trying.

I chuckled and sat up. She sat her phone on the nightstand before looking at me. She smiled. "What's funny?"

"Nothing, baybeh. My family loves you." I said honestly.

"Awe, babe. I love your family."

I smirked and she sat at the foot of the bed.

"I'm taking you out on a date tomorrow night." I said causing her to giggle.

"Oh, you're not asking me you're telling me?"

"Uh, yeah." I said in a duh tone.

She kissed her teeth before chuckling. "Well okay, smart ass."

"We still gotta take the girls to Toys R Us though so that's what we'll be doing during the day. And I wanna show you around my home city,"

She nodded before crawling over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and laying her head on my chest . I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"Hey, Aug." She started. I waited for her continue. "I met this guy Brandon when I went out to eat with Lira. He gave me his card and asked me to give  him a call so that we could meet over coffee or something and talk. He wants me to model for his company."

"Word? That's great, baybeh."

"So you're saying I should do it? What about-"

My phone started vibrating in my pocket so I reached inside my pocket taking it out and looked at the caller ID.

Savannah

Karin sat up looking at me.

I bit the inside of my lip before answering. "Wassuh?"

"Hey! What are you up to?" She asked sounding like her usual giddy self.

"Just chilling at my moms house." I said glancing at Karin who was staring at something ahead of her.

"Oh, right, you did say that you were gonna be visiting her. How's that going? Do they like Kareen?"

I cleared my throat. "Uh, great and yeah they love Karin."

"Awe, that's good."

"Yeahhh, hey I was kinda in the middle of chilling with um, my girl soo.."

She chuckled. "Did I ruin the moment?"

"Kind of,"

"Oops, well my bad. Did you tell her about the kiss?" She questioned.

Karin shook her head, standing up.

"Karin, hollup man." I said standing up and grabbing her arm. She pulled away.

I sighed and hung up the phone dropping it on the bed.

"Baybeh." I said.

"August, don't 'baby' me. You kissed her?"

I looked down not saying anything.
"Just be honest with me." She said.

"Yeah..I kissed her."

She shook her head.  "Wow. This is the second time she has called since we been here. The first time you ignored her and I ignored it as if I didn't know it was her calling. And now she calls, mispronouncing my name bringing up something she know damn well you didn't tell me."