Chapter 3

My blood went cold. I looked out the door and checked on the sides of the porch. I couldn't find the source of the voice. I shrugged off my fear. I was tired and it was probably the wind. I sighed and shut the door, making sure to lock it. Turning back towards the stairs, I groggily made my way back up them. I climbed back into bed and pulled the covers up to my chin. After tossing and turning for a few minutes. I drifted off to sleep.
It was dark. Nothing to see for miles except inky blackness. I could hear something. A voice. Repeating, over and over;
"You aren't safe,"
I felt like I heard that voice before. Yes. I had. Earlier that day. I was grabbing my head, looking for the person the voice belonged to, but ended up finding nothing. I turned around. There she was. She had red skin and black eyes which were oozing blood. She smiled. The talking had stopped. I took a shaky breath.
"Don't scare me like that..." I breathlessly said.
The girl just stood there. Then she lunged at me.
I awoke screaming and looking around. I saw my bed, my desk, my closet...I was home. Taking a deep breath, I slide out of bed and looked at my alarm clock. 6:30.
"Ok...you're okay..." I tried to calm myself down.
I hadn't had nightmares since I was eight. I looked out the window, hoping that Anna-Grace was a dream as well...but no. The moving truck was still there. Groaning, I sat on my bed. Then I started thinking...what triggered my nightmare? Yes. What made me feel like a little kid again. Taking a moment, I suddenly realized. It was Carly.
------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry I didn't update yesterday. Life was happening. So, I forgot to mention I will try to update at least every other day. So yeah. I hope you're enjoying this book. I'll probably focus more on Anna next chapter. Anyway, thanks for reading creeps.