Chapter 4

I wasn't crazy. I knew Carly couldn't be real. 1) If Carly was Anna-Grace's mom, Anna-Grace would probably not refer to her mom by her first name. 2) There wasn't anyone but Anna, her mom, and her dad outside last night. 3) I can't see Anna having any real friends. It all made sense. What was it called when you're all grown up and you still have an imaginary friend and belive they are real? Schizophrenia. Yeah, that was it. Although...I wondered why I heard the voice. Maybe I was really tired and the wind blew in my ear. Yeah. That was probably it. My grandfather called from downstairs.
"Ricky! Why is there water on the counter?" he yelled.
My cheeks went red. Oops. I guess I left my water downstairs. Oh well.
"Sorry! I'll pick it up later!" I called back.
I could now, but I didn't want to. I decided to go back to sleep. Then I remembered something. It was Friday. I groaned and walked downstairs.
"Ricky dear, could you help me set the table?" Grandma Anne said in her thick French accent.
"Oui grandmére," I replied.
She grinned.
"Merci Ricky," she thanked me and handed me three plates.
I took the plants and set two of them on the table and handed mine to Grandma Anne.
"Je naime pas waffles grandmére Anne," I told her.
Puzzled, she took the plate from me and asked;
"Comment t'apples tu?"
I snorted and got a bowl from the cabinet. I looked at my Grandpa Alfred, who was confused as to what we were saying. He didn't know French very well. I looked back at Grandma Anne and she nodded. Turning to Grandpa Alfred, I smiled and asked;
"Parlez vous françias?"
"Speak English!" he roared.
I couldn't help it. I laughed so hard I spit a little. Grandma Anne and I always teased him like this. Setting my bowl at the table, I asked Granpa Alfred to get some cereal and milk. He grunted and returned with the requested items. We started eating, then the doorbell rang. Worried from last night, I let Grandpa Alfred get the door. When he opened it, I was surprised. It wasn't who I thought it was.
------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Don't kill me for leaving it here *cough cough* 1-1abc *cough cough* You heard nothing. Anyway, I really thought this was a good chapter. Let me know what you think!