Chapter Fouteen

It's finally Thursday, one more day to go until I can hibernate for a full two days.

  "Watch where you're going," I hiss as people elbow me, trying to get past.

  Some people mutter profanities at my attitude, others mumble an apology.

  "Where's Lijah?" Fran asks as she approaches me.

  "He's ill," I lie, he's actually too tired to come in today. He literally looked like death this morning.

  "Aww, poor Lijah," Fran empathises, "I hope he's better soon."

  "I'll pass it on," I smile.

  "How are you?" She asks, her eyebrows drawing in concerned.

  "Oh I'm fine thanks, you?"

  The conversation drags on until her eyes grow wide as she looks behind me.

  "Don't stop on my account," someone says behind us, I could almost hear their smirk.

  "Oh don't worry," I say sweetly then my expression drops, "we won't."

  "Now, now Lils. No need to be like that," he raises an eyebrow. I turn around, my back against the locks and glare at him.

  I look back towards Fran to see her smirking at us.

  "I'll leave you two alone..." She wiggles her eyebrows laughing and walks away ignoring the look I give her.

  He leans against the locker beside me and turns his head to face me, smiling cheekily.

  "What do you want," I groan.

  "What's up with you?" His face scrunches up.

  "Oh hi Hunter! Nice to see you! I'm having a splendid day thanks for asking!" I say sarcastically making him chuckle.

  "I'll ask again shall I? What's up?" He raises an eyebrow.

  "The-"

  "Don't say the sky."

  "How'd you know I was going to say that? I could've said the ceiling," I question.

  "Why do you do this?"

  "Do what?" I sigh.

  "Play hard to get," he rolls his eyes.

  "Because you need to earn my trust."

  "How can I earn your trust if you won't let me," he raises his voice slightly.

  My eyebrows draw together confused. "And why would you want to anyways?"

  "Because you-"

  "Interest me," I mock in a childish voice.

  He laughs genuinely for the first time since I met him. His eyes crinkle at the corners slightly. Damn he's a-... wait what. I think I just made myself throw up in my mouth.

  "How about I take you out tonight?"

  "I can't," I lie, excuses run through my brain as I try to pick one out. "Erm, I have to look after Elijah."

  "Oh... The 'not boyfriend'," he growls, his eyes harden staring at me.

  "Yes the 'not boyfriend' why do you keep asking me that?"

  "Did you not hear me at the party or can you not remember?" His voice grows harsh. "You are-"

  "Lilly, hi," the guy from the queue runs up to me. Jackson I think his name is.