Chapter 7: Visitation Day

A Week Later

"So, you ready to tell me?" Shawn asked sitting in front of Beyoncé.

They had finished breakfast and Beyoncé was awaiting her visit.

"I'm sorry, not yet." She said.

Shawn nodded understanding but he knew sooner or later she would have to face the music. She would have to find the root of her addiction. Shawn figured she already knew but wasn't comfortable enough talking about it yet.

"Okay, let's keep it light." He said and smiled. "Your kids are coming today."

Beyoncé smiled.

"Yeah, they are." She said.

"When you talk to them are they okay and everything?" He asked.

"Yeah, a few bumps but nothing major." She said.

"That's good." He said.

Beyoncé began to let her mind drift as she finished her breakfast. She knew sooner or later she would have to revisit her past about Rashad.

*Flashback*

Beyoncé stood in the bathroom examining her face. The cut above her lip and the swelling. She knew she couldn't continue living the way she was. She went to her closet and got dressed and packed a bag quickly.

She then left her room and went to her daughters Mya and Alexis room who were eight and four years old. Beyoncé shook Mya, her oldest, first as she turned on the side lamp.

"Baby, wake up."

"Mmm."

"Come on baby, get dressed." Beyoncé said waking her up and moving over to her youngest daughter.

"Mommy, what's going on?" Mya asked.

"Put your shoes on quick and grab the bag at the bottom of the closet." Beyoncé said picking up Alexis and putting her shoes on.

"Mommy, where are we going?" Mya asked as she put her shoes on. "Where's daddy?"

"Mya, get the bag." Beyoncé said ignoring her questions.

Beyoncé picked up Alexis who was half awake. Mya walked over to her mother when she got the bag.

"Hold that bag." Beyoncé said as they left the room and she grabbed her own bag.

They walked to the living room of the two bedroom apartment.

"Mommy, where's daddy? Is daddy coming with us?" Mya asked.

"No, he's not." Beyoncé said grabbing her keys.

Alexis started to fully wake up.

"Mommy."

"Go back to sleep baby." Beyoncé said as she walked towards the front door but before she could get there it opened.

Beyoncé stood frozen as Rashad walked in looking at her. He closed the door behind him.

"Mommy, daddy's here." Mya said. "He can come with us now."

Rashad stared at Beyoncé and she stared back at him.