Chapter 15: Weight Lifted

Beyoncé was asleep in her bed when she heard her phone go off. She moved her arm to her nightstand to find her phone. She absentmindedly accepted the call and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" He groaned.

"Did I wake you?" She heard recognizing Shawn's voice.

"Yes, but what's up?"

"I need a favor." He said. "I gotta meet with the funeral home and my mom was coming with me-"

"Bring Chase over." She said already knowing he was asking if she could watch him.

"Thanks so much Bey." He said.

"No problem." She said.

She hung up and turned back over but knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. She got up to take a shower. After her shower she got dressed in a t-shirt and sweats.

She heard her doorbell and went to get the door. She opened the door and Shawn was holding Chase.

"He fell asleep in the car." He said.

"It's okay, he can sleep in my bed. Come on." She said as she closed the door.

Shawn followed Beyoncé upstairs to her room. He laid Chase on the bed and Beyoncé took off his coat and shoes.

"Thank you Bey, sorry it was short notice. I didn't know my mom wanted to go to the funeral home too." He said.

"Shawn, it's okay." She said. "I don't mind watching Chase."

"It should only be a couple hours."

"Don't worry about it. You can just pick him up tonight and you can do what you need to do." She said.

Shawn nodded.

They walked back downstairs and she opened the door.

"Thanks again Bey." Shawn said hugging her.

"No problem, I told you. I'm here for you and Chase." She said.

He kissed her cheek before he left out and Beyoncé closed the door.

She checked her phone seeing it was eight o'clock.

She went to fix her some cereal and went to the living room to watch TV. She decided to catch up on Housewives of Atlanta.

After two bowls of cereal she heard footsteps. She looked back and Chase was standing there. She was expecting to see either Alexis or Mya so that scared her a bit.

"Hey." She said.

He didn't speak but walked over to her and sat beside her.

"You hungry?" She asked.

He nodded.

"You want some cereal?"

He nodded.

"Come pick what you want." She said getting up and grabbing her bowl.

He got up to follow her. They went in the kitchen and Chase looked on top of the fridge at the cereal boxes.

"Frosted Flakes, Captain Crunch, Lucky Charms?" Beyoncé asked.

"Captain Crunch." He said lowly.

Beyoncé nodded and grabbed the box. Chase wasn't speaking much but she was glad he said something.

She fixed his bowl.

"You gonna spill it if we go in the living room?" She asked.

"No."