Chapter 29: Finally

A Few Months Later

Mya walked in the mall hand in hand with Kenny. They finally decided to take their relationship seriously. She had a talk with her mom and it took some hard convincing but eventually she went with it. Her mother agreed to let her go on her first alone date with Kenny but there was a catch. He'd have to meet her father first. So as of yet they have not gone on the date yet.

"Come here." Kenny said pulling her close to look at something in the window at Build-A-Bear.

"What?" She asked.

"We gotta make a bear." He said laughing and she did too.

"You know how much them damn bears cost? I️gotta wait till I️get paid or something." She said and they laughed leaving from the window.

They walked hand in hand.

"Mya!"

Mya heard her name and looked around. She immediately dropped Kenny's hand. She saw her dad walking towards her with his girlfriend Amber.

"Hi daddy. What you doing here?"

"Who's this?" Rashad asked looking at Kenny.

"This is Kenny, my friend."

"Oh, this is Kenny." He said smiling. "Your mother mentioned something like that. Y'all dating?"

"No-"

"I'm asking him." Rashad said.

"Not yet, sir." Kenny said. "I️was told I️was to meet with you first."

"Well y'all walking around looking like a couple." He said.

"Daddy, please stop." Mya said.

Rashad looked at her and didn't want to embarrass her any further.

"Aight, we'll meet at the restaurant. Just tell me what day, this week." He said.

"Okay." Mya said ready for him to leave them be.

Rashad and looked back at Kenny.

"Hands above the waist or hand in hand." He said.

"Daddy-"

"I️got it." Amber said stepping in. "Let's go, nice seeing you Mya."

Amber grabbed Rashad so they could walk away. Mya felt so embarrassed.

"He wasn't that bad." Kenny said.

"Trust me, it gets worse." Mya groaned. "Let's just go."

Kenny nodded and they left the mall.

***
Beyoncé was in the kitchen cooking. She was at Shawn's house at the moment. Soon they were gonna start looking to purchase another house big enough for everyone.

"Mama, was that everything that goes in it?" Beyoncé asked over the phone making sure a recipe was correct.

"If you put everything I️text you to put into it then that's it." She said.

Beyoncé nodded and turned off the stove which held the jambalaya.

"Y'all still house searching?" Ms. Tina asked.

"Yeah, we are. It's a bit more difficult. We still want the house to be near all the kids schools." She said.

"Where are your kids anyway?" Ms. Tina.

"Mya's at the mall. Alexis was suppose to be in this house. She done found new friends on Shawn's block and Chase is watching something on my iPad." She said.