Chapter 25: Communication

Three Months Later

Alexis dribbled the ball in front of her teammate. She faked right and then went up for a lay up. After their scrimmage she stood around listening to her coach. She looked over at Shawn and Chase who watched her practice and then her dad who showed up ten minutes ago. She didn't know why he was there but she was happy regardless.

After the coach stopped talking Alexis went to grab her bag and then stood in front of both Shawn and Rashad.

"Hey daddy, what you doing here?"

"Came to pick you up so we can get some dinner and hang out." He said.

Alexis shrugged and smiled.

"You already talked to Bey?" Shawn asked.

"She knows." Rashad said and then looked at Alexis. "You ready?"

"Yeah, see you later Shawn." Alexis said.

"Alright, call me or your mom if you need us." Shawn said and Rashad just looked at him.

"Okay." Alexis said before going with her father.

Shawn grabbed Chase's hand as they left out the gym. When he got in the car he called Beyoncé.

"Yes?" She answered.

"Was Rashad picking up Alexis?"

"No, why?" She asked.

"Cause that's just what happened. He said you knew."

Beyoncé sighed.

"I'll call you back." She said.

Beyoncé sighed at her desk. She called Rashad but he wouldn't pick up. She then text Teyana who said Rashad and Alexis were at the house.

Beyoncé left work, she didn't have that much longer to go, and rode over to Rashad's house. She saw his car still in the drive way.

She banged on the front door until he opened it.

"What the hell is your problem? Beating on my door like the fucking police?"

"My problem? Why did you take Alexis? Alexis!" She yelled walking in the house.

Rashad rolled his eyes.

"She's in the shower. We're going to dinner." He said.

Beyoncé just looked at him like he was stupid.

"You didn't think to ask if she could even go? It's a school night and she's on a schedule." Beyoncé said.

"You said I could see them when I want to right?"

"Yeah, you can but you can also, oh I don't know? Let me know when you gonna do things."

Rashad sighed.

"Your boyfriend called you?"

"Yes he did because he picks up Alexis when I can't." She said.

"Why you ain't call me?"

"Because you're at that damn restaurant all the time. You barely even take them for the weekend anymore." Beyoncé said. "Now you just wanna randomly pick her up."

Rashad rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen. Beyoncé followed him.

"She's not going with you." She said.

Rashad nodded. Beyoncé just looked at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you? What's been going on?" She asked.