Chapter Fourty Six

Kera Wendell

I guess today I felt a little bit better than yesterday but, I didn't know if I was going into work still. Today I was picking up the kids so hopefully I have my act together and doesn't cry in front of them or something. Chanel was out helping Marcus at the shop, like I told her too. I simply had on my Champion sweatsuit on with a pair of Vans. I wasn't in the mood for anything today.

After deciding to grab a bite to eat from my left overs. I checked my watch, grabbed my keys and headed to Trey's.

Twenty Minutes Later

As I pulled into his driveway I got out and went to his door. Being that I had no key I knocked. He answered looking just as I am.  Depressed, unhappy and stressed.

"Can I talk to you for a minute, outside?" Trey asks and I step back out in response.

"What's wrong?"

"Layla came in yesterday because she found out Mace ran away. And when she went to look for him she found him dead-"

"Oh my gosh." I responded sympathetic.

"Yeah, and I think something else happened between her and that boy."

"Wow."

"She's sad and barely eating." He sighed.

"Now what?"

"I don't know. I damn sure don't know. Something always happening."

"Right about that. Do you know how he died?" I asked.

"No, she won't tell me anything."

We rested our bodies on his car as his shoulder touched me casually. In our own thoughts about every, nothing use to be like this. I can see it in his eyes as well as mine he's depressed too. I don't know how he's handling the kids either, I can just tell he's unhappy about a lot of things.

We heard a car pull up but I didn't see nor bother to look at who it was. As soon as I saw her face I got up and went inside the house. It was mama April.

"Mommy!" Adrian said coming towards me.

"Hey Dre. You ready?" I played in his curls. He nodded.

Avanni and Allisya were coming down the stairs together with they're dolls and Marlon. I'm guessing Layla was still upstairs while Jayden intensely played 2k on the couch.

"Hey Jayden."

"Hey ma' when I'm coming over?" He says while focusing on the game. I like the fact he's comfortable calling me that even though he's not my biological son, but hell I raised him too.

"You can come over whenever you want."

"Good looks."

"Where's Kobe?"

"I think pops took his to Mea's or grandma Aprils..." I nodded growing irritated.

"You know anything else that happened with Layla?" He paused the game.

"Major broke up with her, he posted it on his Instagram. He said he ain't want nothing to do with her anymore." I nodded slowly once more surprised at all this.