Chapter Nine

Tremaine Neverson

Kera was currently at work and I just sent over my part for Dj Drama's 'Wishin' remix. The kids were at school, and I had nothing to do honestly. Later on, I was going bring Kera some lunch and bug her that's up until I heard the doorbell. I rose up from the sofa seeing Chris, who I hadn't see in a minute.

"Look who it is?" I started shaking my head, as the door was now wide opened.
He laughed stepping inside. 

Chris: "Ain't see you in a minute."

"You the one been distant, with all them kids you got more kids that me."

Chris: "No, it's Khlani, Khanari, Kamear, Kayla, Kyle, Kyvon, and Khris. Oh you right."

"Oh she had Khris, see you ain't call and me nothing."

Chris: "We was Virginia and I just forgot. You think you done?"

"No, I want at least two more boys but it ain't up to me."

Chris: "Yeah." Before we knew it August walked in unannounced.

"Nigga walk up in here again like that, and Ima shoot you."

August: "Mhm."

"And where you been?"

"Home. Now I got two women at home on they're periods." He sighed.

"Join the club." Chris and I say simultaneously.

August: "But, Saturday dinner on me."

"Alright, bet."

Chris: "let's play some spades, put the money on the table."

August: "You always end up losing too."

Chris: "Pull out some hundreds then."

I grabbed the deck of cards and we sat at the kitchen table. I only have eight hundred on me now but I'ma take these niggas money, bet. I use to play with Forrest and Mea all the time back in Virginia.

August: "How much you got?"

"Eight."

Chris: "Six."

"Whoever take the L, gotta wash two of the winners cars. My Lamborghini and Rolls-Royce could use a little washing."

Chris: "Alright, bet."

Kera Neverson

We'd just discussed the France trip over  apple cider and donuts. Marcus settled his differences with everyone and things were back to normal.

A crumble of my donut fell just as I had abnormal flashback about me dream last night. It was actually a good dream, I just didn't know why I kept seeing things about it and having flashbacks. I shook it off looking at the baby picture of Adrian on my desk.