Chapter Fourty Eight

Kera Wendell

A few days later of the same old same old. Chanel took the kids to Disney for the day giving me a break. And once again my therapist and doctor team is coming today but the only thing different is that Sheryl wanted Trey to come. I guess I'd do anything to be happy, and feel better but he's the root of my problems. Here goes nothing. The only reason I agreed to Tremaine coming over because Sheryl suggested it. If it was up to me I would have said no, but to move on with my life I need to clear anything I have for him.

I slipped my hair into a messy bun heading down my staircase. Just as I reached the bottom on the steps Marcus' contact popped up. I ignored it. Heading to the refrigerator I found my slice of pizza from yesterday and just decided to eat it cold. Marcus called again, but I placed my phone onto the table because this time the doorbell rung too.

Once Sheryl and my doctor came in and greeted me I placed my slice on a napkin grabbing a bottle of water to get started.

"Are you mentally okay?" Sheryl asks having her notebook and pen handy.

"Not really." I answered truthfully.

She continued to write things down on her notepad and in walks Trey, no knock, no doorbell just a barge in. I just couldn't wait until this was over.

"Hey, I'm Tremaine." He introduced himself to Sheryl and my doctor.

Sheryl; "I asked you to come today, because in order for her to be happy in her life she needs to let whatever you have for her go and or vise versa."

Trey "Okay."

Sheryl: "Okay Kera now that Trey is here what do you want to say to him?"

"I apologize for our past."

Trey: "What do you mean?"

"What I may have caused you, for you to treat me the way that you did. Most of the time there was no remorse or sensitivity when it came to me."

Trey: "What are you talking about? You forgot what I did for you, and our family?"

"Here we go, Trey I'm talking about us. Me and you. Some of the things you said to me as if I was your enemy or I didn't mean anything to you. For example you blamed me for what Marcus did."

Trey: "You didn't have nothing to do with it? First off he's your friend even if you knew or not that he'd brought a gun. And if he would have pulled the trigger it would have effected everyone in the house including our son."

Sheryl continued writing intensely.

"You should really stop playing victim and own up to your shit. Even though the media and your fans thought you were a perfect man but really it's not true own up to your shit."

Trey: "Oh, I'm playing victim. Last time I checked it takes two for any type of a relationship. I'm not the one who did all the damage in this relationship Kera. Even if it wasn't you, the person who tried to harm us resulted back to you."

"You know what, Marcus did what he had to do. Thankfully he didn't pull the trigger but you don't know what it's like for him. I apologize on his behalf because yes, if he would have pulled the trigger it would have been extremely bad. It would have effect millions I know Trey, but that wasn't my fault at all." You could sense the voice crack and I was becoming emotional.