Chapter Twenty Two

Tremaine Neverson

Lauren and I pronounced to encounter at Linda's, since it's not a public place and we could actually talk like civilized adults

Lauren and I pronounced to encounter at Linda's, since it's not a public place and we could actually talk like civilized adults. In all honesty I was nervous, just imagine me being in his shoes. After nineteen years finally realizing you dad is a multi-millionaire and you are now meeting you're biological parents.

After my Range-Rover was parking behind Lauren's Honda, I grabbed my keys jogging up the pathway. I knocked a few times when revealed Lauren opened the door exhaling.

"Hey Trey." She stepped aside just as I brung her body toward mine for a hug.

"Hey, you ready?"

"No choice." She smiled just as we headed into the kitchen. I looked around being that Linda wasn't here.

"Where Linda?"

"She went to Jake to his father's." Lauren begin to breathe at an abnormal pace, I didn't know what to do. I went over by her placing my hands on her shoulders trying to calm her.

"Lauren calm down it's gonna be okay."

"How can I calm down Trey, I did a terrible thing to you and our son. I lied."

"I know and that's why he's here today." I went to the refrigerator grabbing a bottle water to give to her, after she swallowed a sip, her breathing went back to normal.

The doorbell went off, and she looked at me excitable. She went to answer the door upon hearing footsteps. I looked up apprehensive.

There we stood another replica of me. My son that I didn't know about after nineteen years. What do I do hug him? Kiss his forehead, tell him I love him. While thoughts raced through my mind, there was a awkward yet prerequisite silence between us all.

"I'm so sorry." Lauren says through complete tears falling from her eyes, do I cry too? What do I say?

"Hey." I say not leaving eye contact with him, he resembled so much of me it hurts. "I'm Tremaine."

"Hi I'm Lyvonè."

"Ima keep it a hunit, I don't know what to say? What do I say to someone I never knew existed. When did you find out?"

"My foster parents told me I was adopted but I never looked into it until a few weeks ago. I found out Lauren is my biological mom, and then eventually when I did my research your my pops'. I ain't looking for money or no sympathy I just wanted to know, I wanna know where I come from?"

"If I would of known you were mine all these years, my first born I would've done so much more for you. You've got family and brothers and sisters you've never even met. I'm not gone lie it hurts real bad for me and for you because I would've been there for you." I say from the bottom of my heart.

"I've made mistakes throughout my entire life and this is my biggest one. I've thought about you many times but I was too scared to look for you, and I thought you'd be better of with parents who were better for you. It wasn't that I didn't want you, I didn't want you to struggle with me. Your father and I split before you were born and that's part of the reason why I let you go. It's my fault that you both missed nineteen years out of each other's lives. Don't blame yourself for what I've done."

Lauren got up grabbing my hand while wiping her tears that continuously fell. She took Lyvone's hand holding them together.

"I never meant to hurt either of you. You caused me so much pain and hurt I didn't know what to do with myself. And if I haven't told you, just know I love you both."

In that moment everything kind of came together, I held him in my arms in a hug that was nineteen years over do. I grabbed his head hearing him cry underneath me and a tear slid down my face as well. We need each other now more than ever. My phone kept buzzing in my pocket but I ignored it, it probably was mama– even though I love her now isn't the best time once again.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you too."

He raised his head up glancing at me with those same brown eyes, Jayden has, Adrian has. I have. My phone rung again but I placed it on silent mode without looking at it.

"You know I gotchu." He nodded.

"How are your foster parents?" Lauren asked.

"Good, they helped me a lot, but I'm thinking about moving out soon to live with my girlfriend but I'll still keep it touch they're family too."

"Moving in with your girlfriend? How long yall been dating?"

"Three years." Lyvonè replied.

"Nope that's not a good move." He scrunched up his face. "Seriously think about it."

"She's right." I agreed smilingly, "You graduated this-well last year?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"You know whatchu' wanna be?"

"A lot of things, because I'm into the biology field, then I love dancing, and cooking."

"It's the Neverson blood." I joked.

"Trey shut up." Said Lauren.

"How many brothers and sisters I got?" He says in a joking way as if I have too many to count.

"So there's Jayden, sixteen, Layla, fifteen, the twins Avanni and Allisya four, Adrian six, and the new baby on the way."

"It is true Jayden got a baby?" He quizzed.

"No thank God. They thought though."

"Boy only sixteen." I nodded disapprovingly.

"You working anywhere or?"

"FootLocker." I nodded making a mental note.

"College?"

"See that's the thing I wanna got to cooking school, but I still got another dreams."

"Anything you need or want I gotchu' for life." He nodded beamingly. I took my sweatshirt off making my phone fall from my pocket. Good thing I have a screen protector because these iPhones are no joke when they fall. I place my hoodie on the stool, overturning my phone to find missed text messages and calls.

Mama- Kera's in Labor!