Chapter 13

3 weeks later

After 3 weeks, she and Will had already gotten back into things. He was still in recording studios, she worked at the dance studio and a short, few hour shift on lifeguard duty most days.

They had a lot of time to be together and had become really accustomed to living with each other. It still never got boring. Not only that, but she reconnected with friends and caught them up partially.

She, Lynn, and Yani went out today. It was so nice catching up and just chilling out with her girls. They just got done shopping which was clearly a long ordeal. Their last stop was VS and then they just walked around a little before getting back. At a random spot, Yani realized she needed tampons and made a quick stop for some.

"Hey, I think I missed my period." she mentioned, going on 5 days after this. "Buy a test just in case." Lynn told her. "Yeah." she did that, and soon after she drove Yani back to her place, Lynn having driven here alone.

She got there and set down her bags once she got in, going to the living room and crashing on the soft sofa. She let out a breath, pulling out her phone.

Will was at the studio today, they talked earlier and he was eating before he got back and she'd also eaten out with the girls.

It was 6 now, he was supposed to be back a little bit ago, or at least soon at this rate. She texted him

come hooome, imu :(

He answered in about 7 minutes.

just got done, on my way now babygirl.

'Home.' She smiled. Anna went over and went through the bags, looking through some of the stuff and sorting it away and the ones that'd shrink to the washer.

She saw the pregnancy test. "Oh right." Really, her taking it was less of a precaution of finding out if she was pregnant and more something else. She used to miss her period for long breaks in time, and she really didn't feel like having that checked out again. That was just because of a metaphorical whiplash her body was going through at the time.

Nonetheless, she took the test and chilled out on the couch for a little bit on her phone after pulling on some socks.

She only remembered the test a little bit later when going to turn on the shower. The water heater up and she checked it. 2 lines, figures. Well now she'd have to-

She looked back, her heart dropping. 2 lines was positive. No. No no no. She immediately stopped the water, staring at nothing in particular, not knowing what to think.

No matter what her real feelings were, real thoughts, this was shocking. Who wouldn't react- and so she cried. It was a lot. She thought of everything and nothing at the same time. But the fact was it was a big deal, it was her that made that stick say positive.

She went out onto the balcony for fresh air, sitting down against the wall. Hands in her hair, she blanked until she just broke down. She wanted to call Will so bad but she wasn't going to say something like that over the phone. Still, it was conflicting because of it were anything else she'd call Will.

She just dialed his number, knees pulled to herself, one hand holding the phone to her ear and the other in her hair, looking down.

He picked up after the second ring. She could hear he was driving. "Hey baby." she said into the phone, warm tears clouding her eyes. "Hey angel." he replied on the other end.

A few physical soft cries escaped, and she sighed into the phone, opening her mouth to speak. God, she loved his voice. Maybe what got her was that although he had no idea she was in pain, he still managed to say something that made her feel so loved. "You okay?" he asked. "Yeah. I- " she shook her head.