Chapter 17

4k reads 💓

Anna was now nearly 4 months which meant she was already in the second trimester, and the tour started in 6 days, it was June through August - again, she'd be 6 months by the end.

The sickness had gotten better - hers was really bad at first, almost every time she woke up, morning or not. And the fatigue was also better, she was still more tired than usual though. Now, she was just starting to have more muscle pain.

Usually the first appointment was supposed to be around 8 weeks and they did have hers scheduled but she was just too busy, and admittedly nervous.

The specialist said that a lot of women don't go to all of their appointments, or even any. It was apparently fine to come now as long as they scheduled regular visits until her due date.

So today they were having her first ultrasound and could tell the gender of the baby by now. She and Will decided they wanted to know, why not, and that he was going to announce it today.

It was only around 9 AM, and they were supposed to get there in around 40 minutes. So they had a little time.

She had just taken a shower and got dressed. When she left the bathroom, Will was just pulling on a shirt.

"You ready?" She shrugged, a small smile. "Guess so."

Going to a prenatal appointment just kind of made her realize she'd be getting bigger and giving birth. It was a little scary but she could handle it - and just because of the hormones already loved this kid. Motherly thing, she guessed. It only made her think of how she'd feel on the day he or she was born.

"It'll go amazing." Will said. He kissed her forehead before grabbing his keys.

They stopped for coffee before they got to the appointment.

They both got out of the car and went in. "Hey there, name?" A woman asked behind the desk. "Annalise Martinez."

"Alright one moment." she said, checking off something on her clipboard then handing Anna a paper. "I'll have you just fill that out quickly."

Usually Anna was the same back, nice and charismatic but she was just truthfully nervous. "Yeah, thank you." she smiled.

Anna filled it out and handed it back, Will had put a hand on her lower back. "Don't be nervous." he said into her ear.

"Daddy's right, there's nothing to worry about. I like your nails." the woman complemented as she filed the paperwork. "Thank you." Anna replied.

"Alright and you can take a seat over there." she and Will sat in the waiting room.

"Daddy." he mimicked, a smirk. Anna laughed. "Shut up, they're supposed to say that."

"I know, just wanted to see you smile." "It worked." she replied.

He held her hand in his lap as they waited for a couple minutes until soon a lady came out and called for 'Martinez'.

She stood, "Alright, back this way." she motioned, Will followed behind.

They were directed into a room. "Well hey, I'm Dr. Sheryl, we spoke on the phone."

"Hi, yeah we did." "Since this is your first visit we have a few things to cover. And you're okay with the father being in the room?"