Chapter 7

Annalise's day started slightly occupied. She just went out with Cass and Yani. First they showed up to her house unannounced, totally cool, and Anna made them some vegan blueberry pancakes (she mainly ate vegan, but was a vegetarian) before they went out. She's the type of person who just lets anyone show up and won't care. So they went out for a little while, just had a good time as they usually do.

 Cass was a friend who went back, usually when she was with her, Mike was there. Dirty blonde, light skin, light brown eyes. Yani was mixed, fairly tall, and gorgeous. They'd known each other since she came to California from Colombia. Most people only knew her from since she moved to L.A. from Sacramento. 

But around 4PM when she was driving back to her place, she got a text from Will - they decided on a little later than expected since Anna was busy and Will was just getting in town.

pick you up in 30. down? 

Forward. That made her smile a little. She replied, 'deal'. By the time she got to her place, which he knew the location of from the party where they met, it'd only be about 10 minutes he said he'd be there by. 

She pulled up and went in, set down her keys and things, and kind of just took up time, answered some Snapchats. There was a knock and she answered the door, it was around 5 now, and seeing Will's face was better than she thought it'd be. 

"Hey." she said, a smile on her face. He hugged her tightly. "Long time no see. Come on." he led her by her upper arm out, where his hand still rested from the hug. She chuckled lowly at his forwardness again. Of course, there was music playing in his car when they got in. "Where we going?" she questioned, still on Snap. 

 "Party, sort of. Know you're into those." he responded. Well cool, she was down. From what she could tell, his friends were pretty cool. Most people got along with her anyways. She also thought it was interesting he was wiling to just pull up with her. 

They talked, caught up on some 'what you been up to' stuff, and in a few minutes it was like they hadn't really been apart. 

Will was being stubborn and wouldn't let her have the aux, but they agreed she'd get it on he way back. They clicked as usual, joked around. It was sort of the initial 'excitement' of being back with him.

"I missed that laugh." he complemented, smiling. In other words 'I missed you.' She smiled shortly. He pulled up to the place and they went in together. Ah, now she got what he meant by party-ish. 

There was music in some rooms, people who mostly seemed to know each other sitting around, smoking, talking, having a good time. There was a movie playing in one room. One of those things that got bigger later, versus now when everyone sort of is familiar with one another. 

A few people greeted them, mostly Will directly, as they came in and they ended up talking with some people. A small group of guys Will knew seemed to be keen on getting to know her. Although she took note of how an arm stayed around her and kept her beside him. 

For a short while, it went just like that. Just socializing, laughing. People doing funny and weird shit. It was alright. They got there at almost 6, and an hour passed by pretty quickly.

They ended up in a room with some people William knew. She and him had both taken a few hits, nothing major. He was sitting on the couch against the arm with Anna right in front. He had one leg bent and the other hanging off the couch, she comfortably leaned back against him. There were mainly guys, and two girls. One with what she assumed was her boyfriend.

Basically it was a lot of talking, laughing, story telling and chilling. A movie played in the back but not many of them were paying attention. She and Will would have side conversations a lot, and his hand would absentmindedly be on her side or the ends of her hair..