Chapter 2

"Hinata-san..."

Her voice is thin and reedy, only slightly clearer than your own. She sits close to you, close enough to touch, with posture befitting - well - a princess.

It's been a full month since you'd all woken up, and you have a big decision to make.

"What is it, Sonia?"

Sonia Nevermind looks very different than she did in the simulation. Her long golden hair has been cropped to her chin, and there are nasty burns marring her once-perfect porcelain skin. She also looks more worn and haggard than you remember... Still, she is regal even now, even after everything that's happened.

She takes a deep breath and rests her hand lightly on your shoulder. "I... wish I could do more to help you. Unfortunately, I do not know what the correct choice in this situation is."

You shift uncomfortably. "Thanks, Sonia... But don't be too hard on yourself. I don't think anyone would know what the 'right' choice would be. Not for something like this."

Strained silence.

"Either you risk becoming Izuru Kamukura and hurting the people around you, or we risk losing all of the friends who are still in comas" Sonia murmurs to herself. "Which choice is best?"

You turn to her and offer her a small smile. "I'm sure you'd do the right thing."

She smiles back at you, unshed tears glistening in her eyes. "And I am just as sure you will do the right thing."

"Hey, Sonia... are you alright?"

A pause. "I am merely... concerned. I do not wish to risk losing you, Hinata-san. But the others..."

"I know."

The whir of the fans above you distracts you, and you pause for a moment. The hotel lounge is dirtier than it was in the simulation, but not by very much. You almost expect to glance over and see Nanami working on one of the arcade games - but, of course, when you turn your head there's nothing there.

A sigh. You really do miss her.

But you can't do anything to bring her back right now.

But you CAN do something to bring them back..

And it was as simple as that.

"Sonia."

"Mm?"

"I'm going to do it. I'm going to try."

"R-really?"

"Yeah."

She clasps her hands together, looking at you worriedly. "Alright, Hinata-san. We'll do anything we can to help."

"...Yeah. Thanks, Sonia."

"You're going to wHAT now?!"

You sigh. This is the part you were least looking forward to. "Calm down, Souda. I know it's risky, but-"

"Yeah, it's risky, man!" Souda whines, clutching his head. "You're gonna go back to being him!"

"It's Hinata." Owari growls. "He went back to normal when we woke up, right?"

"Yeah, shut the hell up, Souda. This could be our only shot."

"You don't know that, Kuzuryuu- What if he- A teeny gangster like you-"

"What the FUCK did you just call me?!"