Chapter 12

The sunlight sears your eyelids as a breeze gently caresses you. You smell fresh grass, hear the rustling of trees around you before you even open your eyes. You feel as though you could drift away again at any moment, so soothing are your surroundings...

But a thought at the very back of your head nags you, presses you to fully wake up. So you do. You sit up slowly as you lift your hand to shield your eyes from the sun.

You're sitting under a tree in the park, and you have no idea how you got there.

"What the...?" You mutter to yourself, slowly getting to your feet. "Why...?"

The last thing you remember is patting Tsumiki's back. Other than that you have no clue what went on until now.

"Sleepwalking...?" You ask yourself. "That's probably it..."

You decide that it isn't a big deal (or, more accurately, you try to convince yourself that it isn't a big deal) and set off for the hotel restaurant when you feel your stomach grumble. When you arrive you immediately spot Nidai, who's enjoying a large meal in the corner of the room.

"OOOOOI! HINATAAA!" He waves you over with a wide grin. "You're gonna wanna hear this!"

You take a seat next to him and lean back, eyeing him curiously. "What is it, Nidai?"

He take a big swig of his drink and sets it down with a satisfying clunk. "We talked about it yesterday and figured it out!"

"Figured what out?"

"Why everyone woke up more than once, of course!!"

Your curiosity piqued, you lean forward. "Really?"

"Uh-huh! We logged everything that happened in the past week an' figured it out!"

"So then what was it??"

"It was... BECAUSE OF NIDAI NEKOMARU'S SPECIAL MASSAGES!!" He raises a fist in triumph.

You blink. "Woah, seriously?"

"It sure was!"

"Wow, that's great, Nidai!" You pat his shoulder enthusiastically.

"Nah, that's just what happens when you receive a massage from me! You are revived!"

You chuckle and place your hands on the table. I'm really thankful to him, then... I was getting worried...

You pause.

"Nidai?" You ask, trying to stay casual.

"Eh?"

"Did you give everyone a massage, then?"

"You bet!"

You strain to keep your voice even, averting your eyes. "Even Komaeda?"

"Sure did!" He keeps grinning, then what he's just said seems to register and he looks at you with trepidation. "But that's – that's alright! They're just taking longer, so no worries! Haha..."

"Yeah..." You're worried, though. If Nidai's massages woke everyone else, why not Komaeda?

It couldn't be... That it's too late for them?

Nidai eyes your bouncing leg, wisely choosing not to say anything. You suddenly feel too nervous to sit still, so you rise to your feet. "Thanks for telling me, Nidai!"

"S-Sure thing! See you, Hinata!" You're out the door before he finishes his sentence.

To the hospital, then.