Chapter 3

Boring.

Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, boring...

The light of this room is boring. This hospital is boring. The beds are boring. The people in them are boring. The people outside the room are boring.

You're bored.

Why are you here? Of course, you already know. Your own actions bore you.

Junko would call it "despair-inducing". Maybe she'd be right. But she's gone now, so whatever interest she offered you is gone, too. She's boring now.

You could do anything. You could bring your peers back (although they're so far below your level they hardly qualify as "peers") no problem. But there wouldn't be any point to that. It wouldn't affect you.

There's no point to anything on the island. And you can't leave the island, no... they wouldn't allow it.

You haven't moved.

You don't move.

Right now, there's not a reason to move. Ah, how... pointless.

Time passes.

Time passes.

Time passes.

Time passes.

The door opens.

"...Hinata..?"

....................

"Hinata, I'm coming in, okay?"

....................

"You're not Hinata, are you?"

"No."

....................

"Didn't think so."

....................

"Will you help us?"

"Why should I?"

....................

"Tch. What do you want?"

"What do you mean?"

"You must want something."

"Hm. For something amusing to happen, maybe."

He folds his arms. He hasn't changed since you last saw him. How... Ah, you're even bored of the word boring.

"Wouldn't it be interesting to see what they'll all do when they wake up?"

"Doubtful. Their reactions are highly likely to be completely predictable."

"But there's a chance one of them may surprise you."

"Too small of a chance to be considered."

"Maybe. But it's more than nothing. It's got to be better than just standing here."

You sigh. "Right now, I am concentrating on my own thoughts. This is not as boring as whatever entertainment you could provide."

He rolls his eyes. "You're talented enough that you could help them while concentrating on your own thoughts. And it'll give you something else to think about. So, there's no reason for you NOT to do it, right?"

"Hm. I can't say there is."

"Then, even if it's just a tiny bit better, the option of waking them up is the one you should choose. Because it is better than the other option, even if it's just by a little."