Wisteriamoon

Wisteriamoon couldn't believe what had just happened. Her heart felt like it had been shattered into a million pieces. New Jammer had been such a good friend. She had given her life for all Jamaa. Everyone was silent in this moment. Dex and Sir Gilbert were frozen. Mira's head was bent. The alphas stood sadly with DeplinDeer, and all the Jammers that had the purple death were healed. Everyone stood, lost in the moment. Wisteria dropped her head, a tear sliding down her cheek. It was a noble death. She opened her eyes, seeing Aparri beside the cherry tree, his head bent. She gave her friends a meaningful glance. Julian, Bepper, TypicalRocky, and Snowyclaw walked up to the tree, Wisteria sitting down next to Aparri, bowing her head.
"She did a great thing, Jamaa will honor her forever," As Wisteria spoke a white petal fell onto her muzzle. She heard a sob from Aparri. He looked up, a blank expression on his face.
"She said she'd always be with me," his voice ended in a pained whisper.

"Now what do you have to say for yourself?" There was a voice and Wisteria looked up to see Sir Gilbert standing over Dex. The black creature closed his eyes,
"I'm sorry,"
Mira slowly stepped over to the two.
"Dex, do you still wish to stay in Jamaa?"
Dex nodded. Mira turned to Sir Gilbert.
"Very well. Then you shall stay in Jamaa, and this will be Sir Gilbert's chance to be the father he wasn't." She turned to the tiger, who dropped his eyes.
"What about him?" Alistairz spoke, jerking his head towards Skorm. Skorm growled and stood up,
"You have no right to speak!"
Alistairz looked just as angry and Wisteria rose to her paws, noticing the tension in the air. 
"You wouldn't leave me alone, you never gave me freedom! All those messages! All those threats! You did this!" Skorm was standing over the red and white arctic wolf. Bepper gasped and Wisteria watched in shock. How long had this been going on? Alistairz sighed,
"Skorm, I'm sorry." He looked away. "I only wanted to be noticed. It was the only way I thought I felt special, a someone."
Skorm stepped back, and something flickered in his gaze, then hardened.
"You did it! You still did it!" He snarled again.
"Skorm stop! You're taking this too far! " Bepper pleaded.
Skorm ignored her,
"Let's see who will win this one," Skorm dropped into a fighting stance. Ali growled,
"Fine then,"
"Stop!" Mira stood in front of the two, her wings spread,
"This conversation is over!" She commanded, glaring down at Skorm and Ali.
"You will leave each other alone. What is in the past stays in the past, yes?"
Alistairz nodded respectfully and stepped back,
"Yes,"
Skorm still looked angry but diverted his eyes,
"Yes," there was a strained tone in his voice. And even as the crowd dispersed, Wisteria still didn't think this was over.
"Mira," a small voice whimpered. Out of the crowd crept a little tan wolf. Around it's neck was a yellow scarf. Mira looked down,
"Yes?"
"May we return to Jamaa?" Behind him a small crowd of animals crouched. The half invisible arctic fox, a snow leopard and half fox half wolf. In the air a golden eagle flapped its wings. Wisteria watched curiously, these were the glitches that had been banned! The little tan wolf had been the source of the entire black wolf army! She watched as Mira looked down at the jammers,
"The glitch has been fixed, you are welcome in Jamaa, "
The wolf dipped his head and melted into the crowd, the others following. But Wisteriamoon saw the arctic fox bare her teeth as she padded away. Wisteria shuddered. That fox made her feel uneasy.

The sky was alight with a million stars in a sparkling galaxy. A cool wind blew the bare trees. Tomorrow was Night of the Phantoms. Wisteriamoon sat beneath a willow tree in the township, watching the sky. Was it all over, just like that? In only a few weeks, she had changed so much. They had all changed... She felt so alone. Was there anyone she could trust? Everything was so fragile. Jamaa had become a star in a galaxy. Compared to the world out there, it was nothing. And compared to that, she was just a broken wolf, alone with the stars  She closed her eyes and let the wind blow through her fur. At least Jamaa was safe. At least she was alive. Despite of herself, she laughed.
"What's funny?" Wisteria froze at Julian's amused voice.  She whipped around,
"Julian! Don't sneak up on me like that!"
Julian laughed, and Wisteria's heart jumped. She'd missed his laugh.
"I usually don't, but its a beautiful night; mind if I join?"
Wisteria blushed,
"Of course,"
Julian sat down next to her, looking up into the sky. His flank brushed hers and Wisteria felt deathly nervous. Why did her heart feel like it was beating faster? She tried to calm herself.
"Are you okay?" Julian's voice was full of worry. Wisteria felt her cheeks warm,
"Yeah," she suddenly looked at him. She reached up, and slid his monocle off his eye; sweeping the curls of brown hair from his forehead. He blinked, staring at her, a shocked look in his deep brown eyes.
"Whoa...Were you always this beautiful?"
Wisteria blushed bright red. She wanted to look away, to break the awkward moment.  But she couldn't. She was lost in his eyes..  Then Julian blinked and turned away, looking ashamed. She knew what he was thinking. He still thought she didn't want him. She closed her eyes for a moment. But things had changed. Why was she holding back?
"You look cold," Julian took a blanket out of his leather bag. He wrapped it around her shoulders.
She shivered again, but not from the cold. Julian smiled and then turned to look up at the stars.
"Julian?"
"Yeah?" Julian's eyes sparkled in the moonlight.
"If.." Wisteria bit her lip, "If you had to choose between what you need or what the world needs, what would you choose?"
There was a silent moment before Julian spoke.
"I would choose what you need, because in order to help the world, you need to help yourself."
Wisteria suddenly broke down, letting out a sob.
"Wisteria? Was is something I said?" Julian touched his nose to her her head. Wisteria shuddered,
"Yes," she threw herself against him.
"Yes Julian...I will choose what I need," she sobbed into his chest, "I need you, I can't do it by myself..." She felt all the stress wash away. She had him back.
"Its okay now," Julian held her close, and Wisteria felt his heartbeat. It was going to be okay...
"I missed you so much," she whispered. Julian pulled her closer, and his breath stirred her fur.
"I love you," he whispered back. Wisteria smiled, taking a shuddering breath,
"I love you too Julian,"
The stars shone on, the moon held its gaze. Two broken hearts had been mended. And, almost as the heavens had approved, a shooting star flew across the light specked sky, on that winter night beneath the stars.

Listening to sad love music while writing this and my heart is melting. 😭💗
I ship jisteria too much.