Prelude

There is irony in everything—never forget. After all, you know what they say, "God must have a sense of humor" I'm proof that he really does. But this isn't about God. It isn't about humor, nor is it about irony... but about a journey. A life. A lesson. Experience is everything.

"Draped in sorrow, she wears her pain like a noose around her neck, come tomorrow, there will be nothing left—of her remains, not even a blood stain..." his eyes reached up to mine and pierced the depths of my soul. His lips moved once again, but I was unable to hear him.

I only recently started to have these dreams, but I couldn't quite understand why. It always happened like this: my mystery man remained perched half way outside of my window in dark clothing and always in the shadows. I couldn't exactly draw out the details of his appearance, only that his eyes never missed mine right before I was forced to awake.

Draped in sorrow,

She wears her pain like a noose around her neck,

Come tomorrow,

There will be nothing left—

Of her remains,

Not even a blood stain...

What did it mean?

What was the significance of those particular lines?

Why did he always look at me?

"Kyalani," a hushed voice bounced off the walls of my room forcing me awake.

I glanced at the window which appeared to be untouched. Though my room was dark, I could see perfectly fine. Nothing was out of place. I was just having a bad dream. I laid back down and stared at the white ceiling.

Who's Kyalani, and what the hell is going on?