09

Chapter song

Die for you- The Weeknd

The once warm and long days have turned into short and cold ones

The once warm and long days have turned into short and cold ones. Winter was upon the group and work was getting harder day by day. Everyone in camp had a specific job and yearned to talk to their families. The Ark wouldn't survive for much longer and needed to make a decision on whether or not to come down.

Every person in camp was working. Some were harvesting food while others were simply dumping waste. Amara, Jasper, and Monty were organizing the nuts into rations for every person.

"Throw it up. " Amara said as she readied herself to catch the nut in her mouth. Jasper chuckled and tossed the nut into her mouth causing Amara to cheer for herself. "Score. "

The group laughed and smiled at each other for a moment until Clarke walked over to Amara.

"Kane wants to talk to you. If I find Dax, he's going to go first then you. " Clarke said sternly as she held onto Amara's arm.

"What? No. I don't want to talk to him. " Amara shook her head and pulled her arm away.

"Just do it. Let him know how you feel. " Clarke's voice was soft when she spoke. The brunette scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I could say the same to you. But fine. I'll talk to him if it'll make you leave me alone about it. " Clarke gave a soft smile before walking away and leaving her to work.

"Why don't you want to talk to Kane?" Monty asked as she ate some of the nuts.

"He voted to send m--us, down here knowing that it could have killed us. " She sighed loudly before she leaned against the table.

"But we survived. He wouldn't have voted to send us if he didn't have hope. "

Amara sighed and smiled. "You're a pain in the ass, but I love you. "

"Yeah, I get that a lot. " Monty chuckled and smirked. "Dax should be done by now. Go talk to him. It'll make you feel so much better. "

"Okay, then. Here goes nothing. "

Amara bit her nails nervously before picking up her bow and arrows that she had placed down and walked to the tent. She took a deep breath before opening the tent to see Dax still sitting there and him talking to Commander Shumway.

"Kill Bellamy Blake. " Is all that Amara heard.

Dax quickly took off the headpiece and pulled Amara into the tent. He held her to where her back was against his chest. He pulled out a knife and held it to her throat. Amara began to let out muffled screams since his other hand was over her mouth to keep her from being heard.

"Shh, shh. Nothing bad will happen to you if you stay back and act like you didn't hear a thing. Or, I could tie you to a tree and put a gag in so you aren't heard. Let's go with choice two. " Dax head butted her which made her fall loosely into his arms. "Shh, shh. It's going to be okay. "