(Ch.9) Far From Home

8:57 Am Your POV

You and Ruby were called to Ozpin's office for what you can assume is probably last night's incident. But you and Ruby got on the elevator.

You looked at Ruby, she seemed a little distracted by something.

You: Ruby is something wro-

Before you could finish, Ruby pressed all of the levels of floors. So now this was gonna be an even longer ride.

Ruby: BUTTONS!!!

You: R-Ruby! Why! Now it's gonna take forever!

Ruby: Sorry, I got the urge to press them all...

You: What am I going to do with you..

Ruby: Well... Now we can talk... I-I guess..

You: Talk about what exactly?

Ruby: Well.. Last night I suppose.

You: Well I guess.

Ruby: Um.. How should I say this...

You: What is it Ruby?

Ruby: Well, you've been looking more tired lately... And to be honest, you kinda turning to Blake almost when she started doing this.

You: I.. Well it's, complicated..

Ruby:...We know you're having nightmares... You talk about them while you sleep. That's why me and the others don't try to sleep with you, we all worry you might freak out on us or scare us even more.

You:..Well, like I said it's complicated with it. And the nightmares are not just a mental thing either.

Ruby: What do you mean?

You: It's not a normal dream you get, it's something I'm pretty sure is connected to Dracul and me being linked... Like I'm seeing his thoughts when he was a mindless monster and it's affecting me.

Ruby grabs your hand and intertwined it with hers.

Ruby: You got us to help and take care of you.

You: Yeah, I know you guys will.

You pressed Ruby to your chest and hugged her. Then before releasing it, you kissed her deeply.

You broke apart a little before arriving at the office.

Ozpin: Come in. *doors whir open*

Ruby: Ah! Sorry if it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here. It wasn't me.

You facepalm and chuckle a bit as she said that.

You: Well, we're here.

Ozpin: Thank you for coming Ruby and -Y/N, how are you guys feeling?

Ruby: We're okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy catching record wasn't 0 for 3. *Slight chuckle*

They stare at her with serious looks.

Ruby: *meekly* Okay so that's the tone we're going for got it...