(Ch.10) Past-Shadows

Your POV

Weiss: Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck: Yes I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary girls and gents. Seeing you opted to shadow a huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations. Rather we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland, and making camp in any inhabitable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself provided the air course and readied the airship. And! It's Dr. Oobleck. I didn't earn a PhD for fun thank you very much.

Weiss: Uhh...

Oobleck: Come now children, according to my schedule we are already 3 minutes behind schedule.

Then in like a few frames of a second Oobleck dashes right next to the airship awaiting our arrival.

Ruby: Well alright then looks like we're going to save the world with, Dr. Oo-bleck okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse.

Nora: Save the world??

You all hear Nora loudly behind you.

Nora: You're going on world-saving missions without us?? I'm hurt and sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not my fault, though, Ren!

Jaune: Sounds exciting, where are ya going?

Ruby: Oh just outside the kingdom.

Nora: Hey! So are we.

You: That's nice to hear.

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.

Ren: We set out tomorrow.

You: Neat.

Neptune: Then you can party with us tonight. We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city stuff. We get junior badges.

Jaune: *Fan girling* Ooohhooohh!

Sun: We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought this might be better to check out the kingdom when it's, y'know, normal.

Ruby: Well-

Oobleck: 4 minutes ladies and gents!

You: Well I guess you may call this it.

Jaune: Don't sweat it, I think you all would be fine.

You: Thanks Jaune.

Sun: I hope you guys don't come back with scratches and bruises.

You: Sun, you know us. We would never try and let ourselves get hurt.

Sun: Good point.

An awkward silence falls on all of you as each and every one of you looks at each other.

Ruby: Well, uh, wish us luck.

Then all of you split your ways and you and the crew walk towards the airship.

You: Well I shouldn't be a blind wolf in this kind of situation.

Weiss: That's right, you were all by yourself out there and lived without the protection of Vale of the kingdom.