Chapter 3

A/N: hey guys! Ive been updating alot lately, but I think that's OK. I've had time now, so I'm saving up for when I don't have time! Here's chapter 3!!(the picture above is my horse Ozzy. She's my inspiration for Kate's horse)

Kate's p.o v.
   I trotted back in towards the barn and hopped off. I gave Ozzy a good pat and a treat, before taking the halter off. She didn't move.
    "I love you girl. Come on."
    I started walking and she followed me. I walked to the gate , and as soon as I stopped she stopped with me. I opened the gate.
    She looked at me, as if she was waiting for me.
    "Go on girl."
    With that she took off galloping and bucking across the field. I leaned against the fence for a bit, just watching her. She stopped by the other horses and started eating.
    I heard a car drive up.
    Looking up, I saw my sister's Lexus drive in the driveway.
   I jogged up and waited until she parked to smash my face up against the window.
      She looked up and about jumped out of her skin.
      She opened the door. "Kate! Are you trying to kill me? I'm only twenty-five. That's too soon."
     I was laughing so so hard there were tears in my eyes. "Here. I'll help you get the groceries out of the trunk."
     I walked around the back and lifted the trunk. I sighed when I saw that there wernt just groceries. There were a few bags from Kohl's, and one from JC Penney.
     I decided to carry in the bag of flour and the milks first. I hefted the flour onto my shoulder but was quickly stopped.
     "Here. Let me do that." He said.
     "I can do it myself."
     "I know, but I won't let you." And with that, he grabbed the bag off of my shoulder and walked inside.
      "Who was that?" My sister asked.
      " Our new stable hand. He goes to my school."
      "What's his name?"
      "I don't know."
      At that moment he came back out.
      "Well, I better get going. See you tomorrow." He said and headed toward his truck.
      "Wait!" Kellie said. "What's your name?"
       "Hunter Smith ma'am"
       "Why don't you stay for dinner? We are going to have too much food anyways."
       She just had to butt her nose in.
       "Well, I wouldn't want to impose ma'am."
      "Not at all! You're staying."
      "Alright than. Thank you"
      Great.
      Just great.