Chapter 41

Graduation was tonight, and I think it's safe to say that I was only slightly freaking out. Honestly, I couldn't wait to leave high school and pursue my horse training dream. 

         I woke up this morning, late as usual. Hunter texted me about twelve times, asking if I was ready to graduate, and if I wanted him to stop on his way over and get me breakfast. He had been driving me to school the past few weeks, although I kept trying to persuade him not to. Honestly, he had been the best boyfriend I had ever had. 

         He had also been the only one, but that was beside the point. I always heard so many stories about how the first boyfriend is always the worst, and how they're always jerks, but I hadn't even slightly seen that in Hunter. He had been amazing so far. 

         I was pulled out of my daydreaming when the bell rang. We were only scheduled for a half day today so we could all go home and get ready for graduation. Hunter was meeting me at my locker so we could walk out for the last time, hand-in-hand. He was a lot more traditional than I would've originally thought.

         I hurriedly packed up my books and shoved them in my book bag, eager to get out of here. It seems that all the students had the same idea, because it was basically a mad dash to get out the door. It was like Black Friday in  New York City. 

         Okay, that's an exaggeration. But it was sorta similar. 

         The halls were lined with multiple duffel bags, all waiting to be filled with various forms of crap from all the lockers. There were giant trash cans scattered around as well. 

          Noise filled the hallway as students met up with their friends and had contests to see who could get the most overdue homework in the garbage bins. If I wasn't so done with school, it would be almost entertaining. 

          Eventually, I found my locker. I had cleaned it out for the most part yesterday, and now all that needed to be done was take the pictures of famous barrel racers and horse trainers off the inside of the door. I peeled each picture off the cold metal and crumpled the tape up into a little ball. 

         I was just about to push my way through to the trash when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. I jumped and threw my elbow back. I didn't have enough leverage to do much damage. Also, he was ready for it and dodged it expertly. 

         "Darlin', you don't have to try to kill me every time I try to show some affection for you."

         Oh. "Whoops. I thought it was someone important." 

         "Really?" His hands moved to my sides, and it didn't take a lot of thought to know what was coming next. "I'm not important to you?" His fingers started moving, and then he was tickling me. 

          Violently.

         "No.. sto-stop!"

        "Take it back!" 

         "Fine! You're really important to me!"

         He slowed down, but didn't stop, all the while I was gasping for air and squirming around.

         "Is that all?" He asked.

         "Yes! I take it back!"

         He turned me around and wrapped his arms around me once more. Leaning down to kiss me on the cheek, he said, "We're almost out of here for good." 

         I dropped my head and buried it in his chest. "Yeah. Hard to believe, isn't it?" 

         "A little. Honestly, I'm excited. Like, really excited."