Chapter 4

Hunter's p.o.v.
The next morning, I spent a little extra time picking out my shirt. Usually, I just grabbed one out of my drawer and put it on. But today, I actually went to my closet.
Blue plaid, or red plaid?
Yep. You're right. Neither.
I had just met her and I didn't want her thinking that I was desperate or anything. I'm not.
She was really pretty though. And I never in a million years would've guessed that she, of all people, was my boss's daughter.
Oh shoot. She's my boss's daughter. Yep. Forget nice shirt.
I decided on a brown shirt, which in turn got me thinking about her bright brown eyes.
Unfortunately, her dad had made it clear he didn't want me even thinking about it. Plus, everyone knows it's not a good idea to date the boss's daughter.
Wait, date? Where had that even come from? When did I start thinking about dating?
I sighed as I glanced up at my clock.
It read 7:27.
The bus comes at 7:30. Oops.
I yanked the shirt over my head and sprayed on my cologne. I grabbed a piece of bread from the cupboard, pulled on my boots and was out the door.
I turned on my heel and ran back in as I remembered my backpack.

Kate's p.o.v.
I took some time, debating whether I should wear my red or blue plaid shirt.
Neither. I wasn't desperate. I didn't even like the guy.
He was stuck up and full of himself.
I decided on a brown t-shirt. This works.
My bus didn't come until 7:45, and it was only 7:30. I had plenty of time.
I sprayed on some perfume, and fixed my mascara.
I went out and made myself a piece of toast, passing my dad who was reading the newspaper.
"What do you think of our new stable hand?" He asked, not looking up.
"What about him?" I took a bite of my toast. "He's OK. I couldn't really care less. I just need to get that buckskin out of jumping the fence."
"Alright. Just tell me if he does anything and he's outta here. Got it?"
"Yeah dad. Gotta go." I left my half eaten piece of toast on the counter and left.
I turned back in and grabbed my backpack.
"Might need this. Love ya dad. Bye."
When I got out to the bus, it was just pulling in to the driveway.
I got on, only to be met by the usual taunts and catcalls.
"I told you to ride a cow!"
"Hey! I think your boots have a scuff!"
I rolled my eyes.
At that moment, I was pulled out of the aisle, and into a seat.
Looking over, I saw that it was Hunter.
"What?" I said.
"I don't know. You were getting teased."
I looked at him. "Same as every other day, and I can take care of myself."
"I know. I just... Nevermind. Nice
shirt by the way."
I looked down to see what I was wearing. I noticed that he had one of the same color.