16

"Someone's at the door!"

Jungkook yells from the kitchen. Hoseok comes out from the corner fixing the buttons on his sleeves connected to his suit. It was early and he was running late for work.

He meets the younger in the kitchen and kisses his forehead.

"Morning. Im running late, whoever it may be I can't stay any longer."

"Oh okay, I'll go get it. Go fix your hair."

Jungkook ruffles the older's head and proceeded to walk to the door. Hoseok left to return to the bathroom.

"Hello-... oh uhm hello, sir. Please come in. I didn't expect you'd come... please take a seat."

"Im sorry for coming in such short notice."

Hoseok's father apologizes.

"No, no. It's okay. Would you like anything?"

"Thank you but no, I wont be staying for too long."

"Baby can you fix my hai-"

Hoseok walks back to Jungkook only noticing his father sitting on the couch.

"Hoseok..."

Hoseok was speechless, he didnt know what to do or say. Jungkook pulled him in to stand beside him.

"Happy Birthday. I know you're 28 in a few days. Though, I wont make it because of my business. Here I bought this for you."

He stands up and gives Hoseok a bag.

"I can't take that. I really can't. I haven't been worthy enough to receive a gift from you."

"Hoseok, just by being born, you were already worth it. Im sorry I treated you so badly all those years. It must have been really hard for you. Just know that I love you."

"I-- I.."

Hoseok was speechless.

"I'm going to America again and I'll be staying there. You could visit me if you'd like and even attend my wedding that's coming up."

"W-wedding?? After mom--.. already?"

"Yes, we've actually been seeing eachother for awhile. It's what your mother wanted. She wanted the both of us to be happy. Seokjin too, along with Joon."

"What now? You're planning to adopt a different child? Are you going to treat them like crap too? You only came here to tell me about your second family?! Tell me, you don't care about my birthday. If you did then you wouldve been able to delay your business days. Unless your damn wedding is on my birthday."

The father looks down as if he was guilty.

"Please Hoseok. Just forgive me."

"I forgave you already. I chose to forget the past. Though, you will never be a father to me. Please take your gift and present it to your wife. Have a nice life in America, Mr. Jung. Please excuse me. Im late for work."

Hoseok usually would grab his briefcase but he didn't. He left without anything in hand.

"Im so sorry. Here, pass it to me. Maybe I'll convince him to look through it."

"Please and thank you. Tell him that I love him and I'm proud to have a son like him."

"Will do. Thank you! Have a safe trip."

•••

"Hoseok.. did something happen?"

The male entered Hoseok's office with a tray of food.

"Nothing."

"You asked Jimin to buy you alcohol. You never drink alcohol at work."

"Yugyeom, just leave will you?"

"I just wanna know how hyung is feeling.."

"Im fine, thank you. Please, I need some time alone."

"Hyung.."

"Mm."

Hoseok hummed while taking a sip of the alcohol.

"I haven't started here for too long but I'm really quite fond of how you run your company."

"I've heard that before."

"Where??"

"Jungkook told me something like that."

Hoseok's eyes started to droop. Who knows how many glasses he already took.

"Jungkook? Who is he?"

"My partner. He's not here right now. I told him to stay at home for awhile."

"Oh. It's kind of useless having a partner who never comes to work."

He was talking in a discouraging manner. Hoseok fought to keep his eyes open.

"Yugyeom, if you want to keep your position, keep your mouth shut. He's my boyfriend and I dont appreciate y- y-.."

"Hyung.. hyung?"

Yugyeom was calm, though he noticed Hoseok turning more pale by the second. He felt the elder's forehead and neck. It was frozen.

"Hyung, what's wrong now??"

He panicked. Yugyeom placed his palm on Hoseok's chest and he opened his eyes in shock.

His heart wasn't beating.

--

20 votes = next chapter