Chapter Six

I have watched the sky rotate from dusk until dawn for three days now. Yesterday was perhaps the dullest but safest day so far because Christian hadn't come to visit once. Perhaps my words wounded him. I definitely wasn't sorry. This man had taken my life away. My conscience is being it's usual bitch whispering to me.What life did you really have before Christian took you? You worked part time at a hardware store, you attending University trying to obtain a degree when you really don't know what the hell you wanted to be and you lived with a roommate who for all intents and purposes walked all over you. Face it- Christian Dracula Grey saved you from a life destined to be a pile of shit.

I inwardly rolled my eyes and climbed out of bed. I decided to stop being afraid of dying and enjoy what I had before it was too late. After two days of starving I rang the dinner bell.

A few seconds later there was a light knock on the door. Gail the maid opened to door and peeked in.

"Is there something I can get for you Miss Steele?" She looked hopeful.

I cleared my throat.

"Yes Gail, I would like some breakfast please."

Gail gave me a small smile.

"What would you like to eat? I can make you anything you'd like."

"Something hearty- I think. I'm starving."

Gail nodded at me and shut the door, locking it behind her.

I stretched and climbed out of bed. I wish there was a television in here. I have read all the books Christian has left for me. I wonder if it would be too bold to ask for a television?

Just as I finished making the bed Gail walked in with a large tray consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, toast and orange juice. I thanked her and she left.

After breakfast I decided to have a nice long bath. Lord knows I probably stunk after not bathing since I've been here.

No wonder Christian hasn't come to visit. You smell like shit Steele.

I contemplate not bathing after that thought. Perhaps bad stench could keep me alive. I shake my head and say fuck it. I'm going to soak in the tub.

An hour later I am dressed in a silk nightgown and brushing my hair in the bathroom mirror. I search one of the drawers for an elastic. I find a couple as well as a body pin. My eyes widen knowingly.

Holy shit maybe I can pick the lock.

I tiptoe over to the bedroom door with the bobby pin and start jiggling at the lock. I try for what feels like hours before I finally hear a small click. The door unlocked! I fucking did it!

I slowly open the door praying no one is on the other side. To my surprise the area is completely empty. I sneak down a hallway until I reach a set of stairs. I pear down below and see Gail grab her purse and head out of the apartment.

That's fucking lucky.

Since Christian said he doesn't come out in the daylight I feel pretty safe. I tiptoe down the stairs as quietly again and head for the door. I see my purple heels I was wearing the night Christian took me. I decide against them because heels are fucking loud.

My hand is on the door and I take a deep breath before I turn the knob. I take a deep breath. This feels way too easy. I pause on the door knob. My subconscious tells me to let go of the door and go back to my room before he really does kill me. With all my willpower I let go of the door and turn around.

Christian is standing behind me smiling.

"You've made the right decision Anastasia.