Chapter Eight

Christian and I were standing outside of a big black door. He looked at me cautiously.

"Anastasia, I must warn you. You are going to see ..things in here that may upset you or even frighten you. I want you to put your trust in me and know that while in this room I will take care of you. I won't hurt you enough to kill you. You will walk out of this room."

I gulped and all I could do was nod. My curiosity was beckoning. Christian produced a golden key from his pocket and opened the door. Everything was dark. He flicked on the lights and my eyes widened in horror.

The room looked like a torture chamber. The walls were lined with different torture devices. To my left stood an actual iron maiden. There was chains and cuffs hanging from the walls. There was a bed in the center of the room with hand cuffs, an IV drip and tiny vials on a table beside it.

I felt Christians breath on my ear and I shivered.

"Are you afraid?" He asked me.

"I feel like I just walked into the Spanish Inquisition. Why the hell do you have an iron maiden? Do you.. Have you put someone in that?"

Christian chuckled.

"No actually.. I feel like it compliments the room."

I stared at him incredulously but say nothing.

Don't poke the bear Ana.

Christian leads me over to the bed in the center of the room.

"Lay down Anastasia." He says softly. I feel like he's holding back and trying not to scare me. I am grateful for this.

"Now Anastasia, I am going to bite you. I promise you, it will not hurt. Vampires have the ability to inflict pain and/ or pleasure on a victim while we feed. Just lay perfectly still for me please."

I gaze up at him expectantly, trying to slow my heart rate. Christian suddenly climbs ontop of me. We stare into eachothers eyes. It haunts me when I realize just how beautiful he is. Like an angel from the heavens. But I suppose in his case, the term "fallen angel" is better.

Christian turns my head gently and moves my hair off my neck. I squint my eyes closed terrified.

I feel his tongue swipe across my neck and I shudder. The feeling is....different. Suddenly I don't feel afraid. After the third tongue swipe I feel two tiny bee sting like stings in my neck. I gasp and flinch but then stop. I feel ..arousal... euphoria...even adrenaline suddenly wash over me. Who could have guessed would feel most alive as your life is slowly being sucked out of you.

After a few seconds Christian pulls away, a loud groan escaping his mouth. He turns my face to meet his. His eyes are filled with wonder.

"You...taste like everything I thought you would. It's like walking in the sunlight. It's so..incredible."

I think I'm still high and what I do next shocks us both to our core.

I put my hands on Christian's shoulders and push my lips up to meet his.

Christian's eyes widen in terror. He suddenly flies backwards until his back is against the door. His breathing is very heavy. I slowly sit up in bed and stare at him wide eyed. I touch my neck and feel the two tiny bites. They are tender.

"Anastasia why did you do that?"

I blink a few times.

"I..don't know. I'm sorry. Are you upset with me?"

Christian's still breathing heavy and he close his eyes as if painted.

" I haven't been kissed by a human since before I was turned. Human's fear me. But you... I just fed from you and you kiss me? It's a curious thing. You see, I told you feeding can either be painful or pleasure filled- at least that's what I've been told. I've only ever fed the painful way. I guess the pleasure bite works after all."

Christian shakes his head, ashamed.

"Whatever you are feeling right now isn't real. It will fade and you will be afraid of me again."

I climb off the bed and walk over to Christian who tenses.

"I'm afraid of you now Christian. I don't know why I kissed you. Maybe it's because I was happy you didn't kill me. Don't worry, it won't happen again."

Christian's eyes narrowed at me.

"Good." Was all he said. Suddenly he grabbed my arm, a little too roughly and led me out of his playroom. He ushered me down the hallway and back up the stairs. He opened the door to my bedroom, or prison cell, and tossed me onto the bed. I looked up at him in shock. He wouldn't meet my eyes.

"I'm tired and I need to sleep. I also have a company to run. Ring the bell if you're hungry. Good night Anastasia.

He shut the door and locked it.

I stare up at the ceiling reflecting on the events that just took place.

Did I really just kiss my captor. What kind of stockholm syndrome bullshit is this. He's fed on me too. He's going to kill you Ana.

I shudder inwardly and turn on my side. Suddenly I feel very tired and fall asleep quickly.

...

Christian strides into his bedroom and slams the door shut behind him. He picks up a mahogany jewelry box off a dresser and throws it across the room. It shatters into pieces.

She actually kissed you Grey. What's more you enjoyed it. When are you going to stop playing with your dinner and finish the job. If only Elena could see you now you fucking coward.

Christen slides down against the door until he is sitting on the floor with his head in his hands.

"Get a grip Grey." He mutters to himself.