Chapter 8

I groaned from the pounding like feeling in my head. I rolled onto my back and opened my eyes. My eyes instantly shut when they came in contact with the sunlight in the room. I fluttered my eyes open letting them adjust to the sun's brightness. I looked around in confusion when I saw that I'm in Angelo's room. How did I get here?

Then it was like something snapped in my head. The memories from the night at the club came rushing back. Alex almost getting shot, the set up, Angelo going missing, me remembering what happened the day me and my parents got into the car accident. I quickly sat up only to fall back down from the throbbing in my head.

This must be how it feels like the day after you wake up from a night full of partying. Maybe worse. I laid there until the doors to the room opened and in came a relieved looking Alex.

"Your up." Captain obvious stated. I rolled my eyes at Alex but I couldn't hold back the small smile that made its way onto my face knowing he's okay. I tried to sit up again but winced from the pain in my head. Alex didn't say a word as he went into the bathroom for a few minutes. I heard the sound of water running and lots of clattering.

Alex came back into the room with a glass of water and a bottle of pills. He handed me the water and a pill. I stared at it not knowing if I should take it or not. My head started to throb in protest for me to take the pill.

I quickly took the pill from Alex and put it in my mouth. I then grabbed the water to swallow the pill. I handed the empty glass of water to Alex. I didn't realize I was that thirsty.

Alex sat the glass on the night stand. I looked down and that's when I noticed I am no longer in the clothes I had on when we went to the club. Instead I'm in a man's - I think Angelo's - grey sweat pants and a grey shirt.

Who changed me?

Alex must've seen my panicked expression because he answered.

"I told Zoe to change you. I knew you wouldn't want to wake up in the same clothes you wore 2 days ago." My eyes widened. I was asleep for 2 days. Then I remembered something.

"Where's Angelo?" I asked sounding a little too eager. Alex smirked at me making me regret asking him.

"He's fine." I let out a sigh of relief before I could stop myself. Alex sat down next to me. His bright blue eyes staring at me with something I couldn't make out.

"Natalia." He started "I want to thank you for saving my life. If it wasn't for you..." he chuckled "Let's just say I owe you one." I smiled and nodded my head at him.

"What were you doing? I mean...you wasn't really paying attention." Alex laughed nervously but still answered.

"Before we left to the club, Angelo gave us all instructions on what to do. Me and Zoe was doing our part, but when I looked back, she wasn't behind me. I went to look for her then I heard you call my name and... Well you know what happened from there." I nodded my head at him. Alex cast his eyes towards the floor. He looked to be debating with himself about something.

"What is it Alex?" He looked at me and opened his mouth to say something but then closed it. He sighed and ran his fingers through his blonde hair making it look more disheveled.

"When... when I asked you who you had to say goodbye to, you said Angelo... what were you talking about?" I ran my hand over my face.

"When you was pulling me out of the club I felt as if I was leaving Angelo behind. I can't really explain it but I felt as if I was betraying him somehow. Then when we were out of the club and I didn't see Angelo, I started to panic. I don't know why or how but images flashed in my head. I saw images- No, I remembered the day of the car accident. I remember how panicked my parents looked, and the feelings I felt during that moment." Alex stared at me with a shocked expression that changed into excitement.