Chapter 23

I sat on the couch crossed legged staring blankly at the tv. I felt drained. I couldn't get what happened earlier out of my mind. Ian is the 'secret admirer', and was sent to kill me, which he now claims he's not, but for reasons that is only for him to know. I groaned in annoyance, falling back onto the couch.

My life is so confusing.

I felt a pinch of guilt in my chest from lying to Angelo. My mind tells me I chose the right choice, but something else makes me want to run to him and blurt out the truth. Something that I never felt before.

Quickly dismissing the foreign feeling, I grabbed the remote and turned on something to watch. I didn't really care what I turned on, I just wanted to get my mind away from my thoughts for a while. I settled on watching a comedy movie wanting to laugh.

I wasn't even 10 minutes into the movie when the front door opened and Angelo walked in. Without sparing me a glance, he walked into the room slamming the door shut. I let out a puff of air.

Angelo haven't said a word to me since we left Valentini's Industry. I knew he was still upset with me, but for some reason that didn't sit well in my stomach. I didn't want him to be mad at me especially when I didn't do anything. I mean how was I suppose to know that Ian was in the mafia.

I let out a breath of air and continued to watch the movie.

I gave up and stood once I realized that the movie wasn't going to bring up my mood. I wince at the pain in my stomach. My stomach twisted and tightened in pain. I took some painkillers but they doesn't seem to be working. Stupid cramps. Stupid period.

Ignoring the pain in my stomach, I walked to the room feeling exhausted. I opened the door and walked in not even bothering to glance Angelo's way. I grabbed my leggings and the shirt I had on earlier and headed into the bathroom.

Once dressed, I walked back into the room and finally looked at Angelo. He laid against the head board, eyes closed, and arms folded over his chest. If I didn't know any better I would think he was asleep. But I do know better. I cleared my throat not knowing what else to do. He didn't move. Maybe he's truly asleep. I walked towards him and poked his forearm.

"Angelo?" I whispered but of course he didn't answer. I silently groaned and moved to reach over him grabbing a pillow from the bed. I was about to turn and walk out the room when two muscular arms wrapped around my waist sending me crashing into a hard chest. My eyes widened and my mouth opened in shock as I stared down into the grey orbs. Before I could say a word Angelo beat me to it.

"Where are you going?" I pointed to the door still a little shocked. Angelo's eyes narrowed. "Why?"

I bit my lip. "Well I thought you were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you so I decided to sleep on the couch." I said all in one breath. Angelo watched me carefully making me even more nervous. It's already bad enough that I'm laying on top of him, his arms around my waist preventing me from moving.

"You're sleeping here." The tone in his voice was up for no discussion. I slowly nodded not knowing what else to do. I tried to move but his arms didn't loosen. I tried again but it was no use.

I narrowed my eyes a bit. "Let go."

His lip twitched up. "Why?"

I stared at him in disbelief. "Because I want to sleep."

"Then sleep,"