Chapter 28

Lorenzo was Angelo's brother. Olivia's tormentor and biggest fear was Angelo's brother. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I could do nothing but gape at them both. Angelo face cleared from its shocked and stared at Lorenzo blankly. Lorenzo seemed to love the distress he'd caused on us, the smirk on his face never disappearing, it reminded me of the time Angelo had that same smirk, always cold and unfeeling.

We all stared at each other though I was sure that my face was the only one to hold emotions. Lorenzo pushed himself off the wall now standing a few steps away from us. He wasn't close but he was still too close for my comfort.

"Lorenzo," Angelo greeted, his voice monotone.

"What's with the professionalism brother." Angelo face stayed void of emotion. The tension that laid between these two was so thick I could cut it with a knife. "What, it's been three years now?"

Angelo nodded. "Yes, no hard feelings?" I saw Lorenzo's dark eyes darkened but it was gone just as fast as it came.

"Why would there be?"

Angelo shrugged. "You were very upset the last time I saw you. Just wanted to make sure the past is the past." What was that suppose to mean? Neither of the brothers gave anything away but I could tell there was some sibling rivalry going on.

"Of course," he turned to me. "I hope to see you later love." I moved closer to Angelo. I was afraid of Lorenzo but not because of Olivia's feelings, he had this darkness about him.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Angelo grabbed my hand and led me to a big room. It was dark and looked a lot like Angelo's room back at the mansion. This must be his room also. I turned to Angelo who was unbuttoning his shirt getting ready to walk into the bathroom. I quickly stopped him remembering what occurred earlier.

"When were you planning on telling me you're engaged?" Yup, that stopped him.

"I wasn't," Oh...

"Why marry me then if you were already engaged?" I asked not understanding why he would put his life on hold to help me.

"My father found Lucia a few years after you disappeared. We became close and one night got a bit heated. One thing led to another and I took her virginity. It was awkward after that and it was only right for me to marry her. We've been engaged for a couple years now, the wedding is still being planned."

I nodded. "So what, after this I return home and you come back here to marry her?"

"Yes," For some reason I wanted him to say no, my insides were feeling funny with an unknown emotion. I pushed the feeling away when I felt my anger start to consume me.

"Fuck you!" I snapped not understanding why I did it.

"Natalia," Always that same warning tone.

"Angelo,"

He sighed. "What's the problem now? Wasn't this what we were planning, for me to let you go and never look your way again. For you to forget this ever happened." I didn't understand myself. That was the plan so why was I being difficult.

"Yeah, but..." I trailed off not knowing what to say. I mean what was I suppose to say. I wanted nothing more then to go home and never see his face again a month ago, why was it different now.

Not being able to just stand there I went into the bathroom to take a shower. I couldn't help but think about my sudden change in attitude. I should be jumping in joy that Angelo is still taking me home, that I will be able to have my life back without looking over my shoulder out of fear of seeing Angelo again.