Chapter 24

It's been two weeks since we arrived to New York. Two long weeks. I haven't seen the guys that much, and when I do, they barely say a word to me. They all have been busy with work and never have time to converse with me. I tried to help, but Angelo told me to stay out of the way.

Ever since I disobeyed him he doesn't really trust me. He usually leaves me at the hotel to let me drown in my boredom alone. I can't blame him though, he have work to do and he can't have me wandering the streets of New York unprotected. Ugh, why do I have to be so stubborn.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we all are accustomed to seeing Ian around. No one even glance his way when he enters the room. He doesn't bother me as much but I remind myself to keep my distance. I guess we are all used to seeing his presence.

"Talia, are you listening!" I jumped hearing Amy's loud voice on the other line. I forgot she was on the phone.

"I'm sorry, I sort of dazed out for a moment." I told her.

I have been calling Amy for the last few days. I got bored one day after sitting in the hotel room alone for hours and decided to call her since I didn't have anything to do. I made sure to only call when Angelo left to go to Valentini's Industry. I didn't want him to stop me from staying in contact with my best friend. I also talked to mom, but Amy always have something interesting to talk about. She's the biggest gossiper I know.

I didn't tell her everything that was going on, not wanting to get her involved, but I did tell her I was in New York. She of course freaked out and yelled at me, calling me careless, but after a lot of convincing, telling her I was safe and with Angelo she calmed down. A bit.

I have to admit, talking to Amy and mom reminded me how much I miss them. I try not to think about how far apart we are, and look at the good side of things. I'm not dead, and after this is all over I can go back to Amy and mom and forget about all this chaos that's going on. But deep down inside I knew I wouldn't be able to forget. I knew that my life was never going to be back to the way it was.

"Talia!" Amy whined on the other line, snapping me away from my thought.

"Sorry." I said quickly.

I heard her sigh. "What's wrong Natalia?"

"I'm fine,"

She scoffed. "We both know that was a lie. Now tell me."

I played with the hem of my shirt with one hand while the other held the phone to my ear.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just a little homesick." I murmured.

She sighed. "I miss you too Natalia. But don't dwell on it, we'll see each other soon. Don't let us ruin your time in New York. I know how badly you wanted to be there and now you are." I nodded, though I knew she couldn't see me. "But that don't mean I'm not mad at you for going without informing me first. That was so irresponsible."

I rolled my eyes. She's so dramatic.

"Don't roll your eyes at me little girl." My eyes widened. I looked around the room for any signs of a camera. When I didn't find any I turned my attention back to Amy.

"You're only 6 months older then me." I said not liking how she called me little.

"And, I'm still older then you."

I sighed dramatically at her childish behavior. "Yet, I'm more mature." I said in triumph.

"Says the one that can't even get up for work without having a tantrum." I snorted a laugh. "Yeah, so mature Talia." I could almost see her rolling her eyes right now. I giggled as I got off the bed and walked to the kitchen.