Chapter One

"I think I broke him," Alison muttered under her nearly lost voice as she shook. Sweat was beading down her face as Riley stared directly at the chained up body in the corner of the room, which was trembling as if it were constantly vibrating. It's eyes were covered tightly by a blindfold, and whenever they took a step toward it, it'd flinch. 

"You thought this was a good idea?" Riley returned in a quiet mumble as she kept her eyes on the male. His wrists were locked in the metal chains so tightly, that even if he considered trying to get loose, he would fail. Alison's breath was cold as she stood side by side with Riley several feet away from the male. Riley had one of her fists balled up, but Alison didn't realize that.

"It was the only thing I could think of at the time!" She whispered is a raspy voice as she slowly took a hold of her own hands in front of her. They were both only eighteen, best friends, but somehow Alison just didn't know what was the right thing to do was. Instead of water glistening in her eyes, shock and fear coated her entire face as if she were a canvas coated in a thick layer of oily paint.

"What was the issue?" Riley managed to let out after a few seconds of mere silence, considering the guy in front of them kept fidgeting whenever they spoke or moved. The breeze in the metal walled room blew by Riley's ears as she tried her best to stand still, but Alison's shaking was very uncomfortable for her. She wanted to reach out and grab her arm so that there was no movement. "He had a gun, and was aiming at my head," Alison spoke with a louder voice. Riley's eyes closed tightly as Alison spoke, because now the guy knew that they were talking about him and he'd focus on the conversation because of that. Riley brought a hand toward her forehead and rubbed the blob of skin between both of her eyes. If she were to go back into the past to see what her younger self imagined her eighteen years old self to be like, or experience, it wouldn't be this.

"Will you two shut up?" The young man tied up in chains muttered wholeheartedly as he brought his head up as if focusing right toward the two thin girls.

Eli was getting seriously annoyed now. First he managed to get himself tied up in loud, pathetic chains and now with his eyes covered, he could only hope they weren't planning on killing him just yet. At the sound of hushed whispers, he strained his ears and tried to listen for any indication they were plotting out his murder. He couldn't hear anything clearly and the rattling of his chains every time he shifted was getting extremely frustrating. He bared his teeth, pressing his jaw shut tightly. He had been slapped and kicked after he made the mistake of underestimating the girl. He could handle the throbbing sides and stinging cheeks, but the growing aching in his joints from the uncomfortable position the chains forced him in were begging to make him extremely irritated.

As the voices grew louder suddenly, his body automatically flinched. His chains clanked at the high-pitched voice that pierced his thoughts. He winced at the harsh noise ringing in his eardrums. Finally he couldn't take it anymore, lifting his head towards where he assumed the voices had come. "Will you two shut up?" The room went suddenly silent. Eli was about to let out a sigh of relief before he heard shuffling. Oh great, they're going to kill me.

Alison froze mid-step as her eyes stayed glued to the man in front of them. Riley's eyes opened wide as she jumped back very slightly, yet she knew that she didn't need to be scared of him. Alison was taking quiet steps toward him as her face shifted into a horrific mess, and Riley knew that she was going to snap within the next few seconds.

"Stop!" Riley screamed at the top of her lungs and jumped toward the monstrous girl and took hold of both of her arms from behind. She then quickly folded them behind her friend's back, which made her wince, but all Alison did was struggle after that. Riley's grip was tight, though she was a weak girl. As she brought her eyes back to the male as she pulled Alison to a reasonable distance, Riley could see how lifeless and weak he looked. His lips were tinted blue and his cheeks were pale, besides all of the bruises that coated them, and his chin was painted a slight pink. His hands were shaking from behind him and though Riley was friends with the person who took him, she somehow wanted to help him, whatever way she could. "You bastard!" Alison whispered harshly toward Riley as she slowly sat down in her metal chair she usually sat on when she went to see him. Riley snuck a dirty look in her direction as she slowly sat down on the ground in front of the male. Bruises were all over his arms and there was dried blood all over his lips and chin, practically covering most of his face.